Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Le Setz' message to Japan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Le Setz' message to Japan Empty
PostSubject: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:56 am

I may be the only one who finds this absolutely mesmerizing. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:27 am

HEhe, this one comes from Japan 1999, due to the show on 11.2.99 to be aired on TV. Wonderful set, wonderful sound and picture!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:32 pm

I think you might have a slight crush on the man, I just dig his music and art. Smile Twisted Evil Razz

ps. I would like to know how he lost all his 68' comeback era weight, maybe not so much whiskey?
guess that counts me out drunken drunken JK clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:43 pm

I think we're all waiting (well, most of us) for Ignition or Riot 2.
I must say that I had the chance of seeing both the 68 CBS and the Nashvillains and though I preferred the CBS to the Nashvillains, Brian was much more energetic and powerful with the Nash than with the CBS. With the latter, he was just standing up and with no intention of participating with the audience and the shows were a bit more than an hour... and that's bad for the fans, specially for those (who like me) drove many kilometres to see the show. With the Nashvillains he was waaaahhhwww, speechless. One song right after the other non-stop and participating with the audience... in any case... IGNITION 2 is welcome anytime!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:47 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I think you might have a slight crush on the man Smile Twisted Evil Razz

That would certainly explain this big ol' torch I've been dragging around with me since I was nine years old. Very Happy

But hey, I dig his music and his art too. 68CBS, 'villains, BSO, singin' in the shower.... whatever he wants to do, I'll listen with an open mind. And that far outweighs anything else.

Right? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Andi wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I think you might have a slight crush on the man Smile Twisted Evil Razz

That would certainly explain this big ol' torch I've been dragging around with me since I was nine years old. Very Happy

But hey, I dig his music and his art too. 68CBS, 'villains, BSO, singin' in the shower.... whatever he wants to do, I'll listen with an open mind. And that far outweighs anything else.

Right? Twisted Evil

I'll try to use the paradigm that scarlet johansen is a "talented actress" instead of her melting
my soul into unholy wicked smolders (ie Black Dahlia)

..is it like that? Smile
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:07 pm

I can elaborate no further on the topic for fear that I may incriminate myself as being anything less than simply an objective and appreciative enthusiast.

Now excuse me while I enthusiastically and objectively appreciate this (discussed some time ago, but doesn't go astray here):

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:12 pm

Andi wrote:
I can elaborate no further on the topic for fear that I may incriminate myself as being anything less than simply an objective and appreciative enthusiast.

Now excuse me while I enthusiastically and objectively appreciate this (discussed some time ago, but doesn't go astray here):

other than that ridiculous Mullet crap that was proliferate in everyone from Bono to Richard Marx at the time, this one is classic
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:41 pm

WOW, fantasic...
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:11 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
this one is classic

Now imagine watching an interview with Scarlett Johansson where she says that for her acting is sexual, or at least sensual, and not a day goes by that she doesn't just want to make love to the camera.

That'd certainly make you an even more avid watcher, wouldn't it?

I agree, Sam... fantastic.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Speaking of Scarlett, Andi and TV, the cd she has recently done with Pete Yorn is great. I highly recommend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:50 am

Oh, I love Scarlet Johansen... probably she's not a top actress, but she's sooooo sweet and tender, she melts my heart. Wonderful performance in Match Point with that Irish guy, Johnatan Rhys (or something like that)
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:00 am

Ok, dumb question: How do you copy a Youtube clip so it posts like the Setzer clips above? I only know how to do the link. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:12 am

did I say scarlett?? nnaaaah man I meant Jessica Biel Le Setz' message to Japan Fresse Le Setz' message to Japan Fresse Le Setz' message to Japan Fresse

ps. not being funny at all but you have got to see
POWDER BLUE. Quite a moving film to remind humanity
of its broken but never hopeless spirit. Along the lines
of the movie Seven pounds (will smith) with a "Crash"
sort of non linear plot line.
Watch those two films and then try to bitch about your
own problems for a few days. Smile
IF that is too hollywood for ya, then the documentary
Emmanuel's Gift will make you grateful for your life
..... off tangent for a second sorry..back now to being gross
about setzer being sexy Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_tongue Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_tongue Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:15 am

Twenty Flight Rick wrote:
Ok, dumb question: How do you copy a Youtube clip so it posts like the Setzer clips above? I only know how to do the link. Thanks in advance!

Rick, when you are replying, look for the icon that looks like a film strip. Between the icons of the "f" and the two A's. Click that then insert your YouTube link in the text field that pops up.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:44 am

Thanks Andi! I agree with TV - Powder Blue is a great film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Setz' message to Japan   Le Setz' message to Japan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Le Setz' message to Japan
Page 1 of 1