Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour

Go down 
+23
sidelake bob
peeteycat
Cindy7609
Twenty Flight Rick
gaston13
badkitty
Davidmk
lisathegreaser.
WildCat
Amity
Guitarmaniac
Brett
enjay07
Brent
BethAnn
christopher
Rocky Mountain Cat
Hot Rod Girl
Rickabilly
Sharky
tvthewiredturtle
talldave
Andi
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:21 am

Happy Thanksgiving!
hrg

Last edited by Hot Rod Girl on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:43 am

Cool

Last edited by Brett on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:28 pm

Seems like you had a great day!
I also wish I might meet Brian one day...

Greetings

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:46 pm

Enjay,
ufortunatelly I've never seen the BSO live, within or without Tony Pia and I am judging only by live recordings that I have and by the clips posted on youtube.

I am not judging his quality as a musician, otherwise he wouldn't be there, would he??? But in my opinion he doesn't sound as consistent as Bernie did.
What I am judging is just the sound, and as I said, he doesn't fit into the BSO, but it's just my opinion, as well as the vixens. I've never liked them and I think they destroy every single song they are in.

Again (and sorry to be this repetitive), it's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Review from Reading, PA last night - Dibbs and the Dets opened!!

Brian Setzer Orchestra gets the holiday season in full swing

Brian Setzer put a whole lot of swing into the holiday as he and his orchestra performed a Christmas Extravaganza for a sold-out crowd at the Sovereign Performing Arts Center Wednesday night.

Taking the stage to the theme from the "Batman" TV show, Setzer got the crowd in an upbeat holiday mood with a host of traditional and original Christmas tunes as well as songs from his new album and hits from the past.

Along with two backup singers and 15 musicians, Setzer had the audience tapping their feet, clapping their hands and, by the end of the night, filling the space in front of the stage to dance.

Setzer only played one ballad the entire night, the title track off "Lonely Avenue." The rest were jazzy mixes of rockabilly and big band swing.

Traditional holiday tunes like "Sleigh Ride" and "Angels We Have Heard on High" sounded fresh and polished with Setzer’s guitar leading the way and thirteen horns blasting the music into a whole other plane.

Updated classics like "Dig That Crazy Santa Claus" and "Boogie Woogie Santa" got a big-band boost that put the jive in the jolly.

Setzer acknowledged his roots with the Stray Cats by playing "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" and "Stray Cat Strut," which he put in a holiday mood by lacing "You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" through its middle, and "(She’s) Sexy and 17."

Near the end of the show, Setzer brought the upright bass player and drummer to front of the stage and the orchestra took a break while they played rocking versions of "Run Run Rudolph," "Jingle Bell Rock," "Blue Christmas" and "Fishnet Stockings."

As the open area in front of the stage began to fill with fans and people started dancing in the balconies, the orchestra returned in the middle of "Rock This Town" to get the audience on its feet.

After a festive and fantastically jazzed-up CliffsNotes version of "The Nutcracker Suite," Setzer fired up "Jump Jive an’ Wail" then sent the audience off with "Jingle Bells."

Opening act Dibbs Preston and the Detonators set the mood for the night with a 30-minute set of rockabilly swing.

Accomplished and full of energy, the five musicians have a sound that’s a little Buddy Holly, a little Chuck Berry. Dibbs and company took the audience back in time with their '50s-tinged songs, "Downtown Saturday Night," "Days on Earth" and "Pink and Black Cadillac."

(EDIT: Shoot, looks like the photos aren't showing up. They're here: http://readingeagle.com/articlephotos.aspx?id=171382 )
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:37 am

North Bethesda, Maryland, new on Flickr. Looks like the shooter kinda had nosebleed seats:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9716802@N02/sets/72157622767112759/

Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 4140178405_864503d977

For those who've gone to shows on the tour already, is there a Setzer Gretsch display?? I seem to recall someone mentioning it - looks like you can enter to win a signed one. Wonder if this is getting Gretsch some sales?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9716802@N02/sets/72157622767105005/

Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 4140161849_fa152803a3

Last edited by Andi on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:06 am

Keswick tonight guys, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:11 pm

that just looks like the Gretsch/fender display they've had at the last few
shows... kinda boring actually.

when are those #@$% gonna finally have a display of
the masters rig?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Short clips from Atlantic City, NJ:

Rock This Town: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbkOt5P9cSw

You're a Mean One Mr Grinch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzfERlGrXFk
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:39 am

Keswick Theatre Setlist:

Batman
Dig That Crazy Santa Claus
Sleigh Ride
This Cat's On A Hot Tin Roof
Boogie Woogie Santa Claus
Sexy n' 17
Stray Cat Strut, into Grinch
Trouble Train
Pipeline (with the California Surfin' Trombonists)
Honey Man
Angels We Have Heard On High
Lonely Avenue
Run Rudolph Run (trio)
Jingle Bell Rock (trio & vixens)
Blue Christmas (trio & vixens)
Mr. Jazzer Goes Surfin' (trio)
Fishnet Stockings (trio)
Rock This Town (trio into orchestra)
The Nutcracker Suite
Jingle Bells

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:29 am

Seems that the set is meant to remain standstill... I dunno why Brian dropped Gimme Some Rhythm Daddy and In The Mood...
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 6:11 am

Andi to answer your question yes there is a Gretsch display. Computers are set up to enter your name and info. for a chance to win one.

They also had the Setzer creepers on display (not only blue and black but a tan color as well), which I am not sure if they were for sale or not...maybe someone can jump in on that.

All in all spectacular show, loved seeing the new songs performed live. Fishnet Stockings, though, really got the crowd moving, aside from the lady in front of me holding her fingers in her ears. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:39 pm

State Theatre; New Brunswick, NJ
12-2-2009 Setlist

Batman
Dig That Crazy Santa Claus
Sleigh Ride
This Cat's On A Hot Tin Roof
Boogie Woogie Santa Claus
Sexy n' 17
Stray Cat Strut, into Grinch
Trouble Train
Pipeline (with the California Surfin' Trombonists)
Honey Man
Angels We Have Heard On High
Lonely Avenue
Run Rudolph Run (trio)
Jingle Bell Rock (trio & vixens)
Blue Christmas (trio & vixens)
Mr. Jazzer Goes Surfin' (trio)
Fishnet Stockings (trio)
Rock This Town (trio into orchestra)
The Nutcracker Suite
Jump Jive N Wail
Jingle Bells

As mentioned elsewhere, when Brian came out for the encores he was carrying a piece of paper that told him (and us) about the Grammy nomination. He was so excited, grinning like a little boy. During Nutcracker he looked at me over the music stand and mouthed "wow." I grinned and replied "congratulations". So exciting. bounce

cat
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:05 pm

More from Wausau:

Back to top Go down
lisathegreaser.

lisathegreaser.

PostSubject: MGM GRAND CT SHOW   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi everyone,
Pretty much your standard set list. However the vixens had on beautiful black Santa mini's with silver sparkle embroidery in the fabric. Black boots. Brian had on that slick cool silver suit he wore on Conan. Had such a blast , was dancing againist the stage with a 80 year old women spinning her around. She was tuckering me out! Brian looked real good and was happy to see me . Lisa Lisa and a kiss . He's such a doll. Seen some of the old school band members. Hung around , did'nt get back too the house in CT where I'm crashing for the weekend til 4am.
Have a feeling of a hang over, but did'nt drink,
Lisa
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Lisa, thanks so much for the report! So glad to hear you went to the show and had such a great time (like it's possible not to Wink)

Hey talldave went to the NYC show, right? Dave, got a report for us??? While you're at it, how're you enjoying our fine country??

I'm living through all of you guys now!!

sunny
Back to top Go down
talldave

talldave

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 4:50 pm

I just got back home this morning, had to get some sleep first because I didn't have any for like 27 hours.

I was in NYC for 3 days, it was a business trip but I arranged it so I could be at the BSO show.
Been dreaming of the US of A since I was a kid and I enjoyed it very much! Not the last time I visit, if heaven allows! Might even end up living there, we'll see how the business goes. But I got the blues while leaving for the airport.

It was the first time I saw the BSO live too and I was with my associate (childhood buddy) who never got the chance to see Brian live, with either of his bands, so it was kind of a big night for the two of us. And we were not disappointed, nice venue, great show! The setlist was the same as the previous nights, except he didn't play Mr Jazzer. Don't think he played anything else instead but I might be wrong.

Was somewhat surprised when I saw the reaction of the audience to Fishnet Stockings and Rock This Town. Everyone had been quite quiet up to that point but they all went nuts with those songs!
And Brian was on fire. Of course. I thought the X-mas songs would have been the main reason American people would attend the show (Europe will always prefer Stray Cats) but having seen this, I'm starting to wonder.

Trouble Train and Lonely Avenue remain my favorite songs on SFLA and they were excellent! Goosebumps during LA with the back of the stage looking like the sky at night with millions of stars, that streetlamp, Brian starting off solo, then the band joining... be-autiful!

I was never a huge fan of WBNO but Honey Man rocked! How Mr Setzer isn't recognised as one of the top ten guitar players of all time is beyond me.

The white Gretsch Brian got for X-mas as he said, looked great. He seemed to enjoy playing in his hometown and smiled a lot.

Oh btw, does anybody know who's the new vixen? I could not believe how that girl looks like she's straight out of the 40's.

A great experience I am not soon to forget!

Andi, I wish I had known about your problem (which I still don't know what it is), I would have found some way to film or record or phone you during the show or something so you could have at least a small taste. Get well soon! And don't worry, I'm sure next year will see the 8th X-mas tour.

David
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 4159484922_46e50bf1a9
Ledyard, CT

Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 4153744789_3dd69c49d3
NYC

I think this is from NYC too!

Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:54 pm

David, thank you so much for the review. I am so excited to meet a European who is in love with the USA - there aren't many of 'em! Next time, if you make it out west be sure to let me know, I'll send out the welcome wagon! Very Happy

How fantastic that you got to see the show with someone else who digs Le Setz - that is the best way to experience him, I reckon! Now that you mention it, I'm surprised Fishnet Stockings gets the amazing response it does - it wasn't anything like a hit for the Cats, was it? Maybe the audiences remember it from the US Festival? Or perhaps they can just feel how amazingly rockin' it is. For many years it was my favorite Stray Cats tune, even got lucky enough to have Brian play it for me one night in a little bar here in San Diego (very long story told elsewhere here on the Lounge).

talldave wrote:
Andi, I wish I had known about your problem (which I still don't know what it is), I would have found some way to film or record or phone you during the show or something so you could have at least a small taste. Get well soon!

What an incredibly kind thing to say. Thank you David. (I had my gall bladder removed, by the way. In the hospital now for 5 days and counting!)

Everybody knows how much I love seeing photos and videos from any Setzer performance (I started this thread for that very reason!), so I hope that people will take photos and record whatever they can and let me know about it!! (though I realize a lot of the venues are strict about that stuff.)

But yeah! I would absolutely LOVE it if anyone from the HDVDL wanted to call me during any of the remaining performances! Thanks for the idea!! I've put my phone number in my profile for that very purpose. I'd particularly love to hear ANY songs from SFLA (especially King of the Whole Damn World - there's no way they won't play that in LA) Sleigh Ride, Honey Man, Gettin' in the Mood (if it gets back in the setlist), Jump Jive an' Wail or Jingle Bells.

Having called someone from a show before, I know there's no point trying to talk - it's just too dang loud! Just call and leave the line open, I'll know what's going on!! Very Happy

Thank you in advance to ANYONE who is kind enough to do this - you have no idea how special it'll be to me!!!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Davidmk

Davidmk

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:58 pm

Quote :
They also had the Setzer creepers on display (not only blue and black but a tan color as well), which I am not sure if they were for sale or not...maybe someone can jump in on that.

I overheard someone at the Merch booth ask & the guy running the booth said orders would be online soon for the shoes , they were just bringing them along to promote .
Back to top Go down
lisathegreaser.

lisathegreaser.

PostSubject: Brian Setzer Creepers   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:43 pm

I was at the CT show even though I live in the NYC area. I did'nt go to the Hammerstien Ballroom this year. I could'nt . So I took the greyhound bus up to one of my best friends house. Crashed here till this Monday . And went to the CT show. I wanted to go to the hometown show (NYC) . Like I mentioned could'nt make that one. The creepers , they had 2 pair on display. The blue had criss cross guitars on the side and Brian 's signature on the inside sole. Then a Beige color. Not to crazy about the beige color. I guess Brian 's got sole! YUK YUK! cheers
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:10 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itsjustkate/sets/72157622944018908/
I think these are from Ledyard, not sure. Includes some short videos (Sounds like "Catman" in one of 'em.) Some pictures of food and people. And some pics of the whole stage and band!

Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 4162019282_cef20a832c
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Christmas lights set to Setzer's Nutcracker and Sleigh Ride - this is becoming as much a Christmas tradition as the shows themselves!

Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:01 pm

How 'bout that! Our boy did a private fund raising event last night in Delaware. There are a couple well-shot photosets on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctorh62/sets/72157622825150515/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/njlp/sets/72157622826737929/
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:09 pm

talldave wrote:
Oh btw, does anybody know who's the new vixen? I could not believe how that girl looks like she's straight out of the 40's.
Define "new"? The vixens are Julie Reiten Setzer and Leslie Spencer Smith, and have been for a couple of years now.

cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour   Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photo & video from the 2009 Christmas tour
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next