Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manchester show CANCELLED!!!

Go down 
+17
Pinkpiratekitty
tvthewiredturtle
JB-IsleOfMan
Amity
sidelake bob
steb74
donpepe
Dave
Brett
matt
Bobby Retro
Rocky Mountain Cat
Kiki
Rickabilly
Faith
ScottS
HoundDog
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HoundDog

Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:32 am

Hi,

just get an e-mail from seetickets.com where I bought tickets:

"We're writing to let you know that STRAY CATS at Manchester University,
Manchester on 11/09/2008 has been cancelled, and won't be rescheduled."

Hope Jim is getting better.

Sad news...
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:38 am

from Slim Jim's website:

http://slimjimphantom.com/News.htm

STRAY CATS - GOOD NEWS AND BAD
Anyone who was at the Brixton Academy last night witnessed a truly AMAZING performance by the kings of Rockabilly. What an INCREDIBLE show!! Three encores, including a guest appearance by Dave Edmunds, and the crowd was still shouting for more!

At the end of the show Jim took a fall off the stage and "sprained" his right arm. However, a doctor's check-up has revealed that he has in fact broken the arm in three places and it's now in a plaster cast. Very bad!! Incredibly, Jim has asked me to let you know that he intends to try and play tonight's gig in Manchester (against doctor's orders!) as planned. So he'll see you at the Academy.
THANK YOU all so much for your support of Jim and the Cats.
Back to top Go down
HoundDog

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 am

Yea I saw that too Scott, but seetickets asking people to send back tickets:

"Please return your 2 ticket(s) for a refund, along with a
copy of this E-mail to See Tickets,Customer Services, Room 99, 4th Floor,
Norfolk House, Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham NG1 2AB.

We strongly recommend that all tickets are returned by a secure postal service
to ensure delivery."

I get this email 15 minutes ago...
Back to top Go down
Faith

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:47 am

Hi all,
I just wanted to confirm that sadly the Manchester, Glasgow and Dublin shows have been cancelled. Here's the message that I've just posted on Jim's site: -

STRAY CATS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - REST OF TOUR CANCELLED
It is with the greatest regret that we have to announce that the rest of the Stray Cats European Tour has been cancelled; this affects the Manchester, Glasgow and Dublin shows. We are incredibly sorry for the disappointment that this will cause. As many of you already know Jim fell and broke his arm at last night's show; specifically he has broken his wrist in 3 places and is now in a plaster cast up to his elbow. He had hoped that he would be able to play tonight but as you will understand it is just not feasible for Jim to do this against his doctor's advice. Jim is devastated by this turn of events. Thank you all so much for your understanding and for the kind messages that have already been flooding into the site after last night's accident. Apart from his understandable disappointment about cancelling the last 3 shows he wants you all to know that he's doing fine and thanks you for your support and well wishes.

We're so sorry Sad Thanks again to everyone who's been sending in emails asking after Jim.

Faith cat
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:55 am

See, now if Jim were actually a vampire, that arm would have healed right up! I don't think this is what is meant by "Snap into a Slim Jim..."

Just kidding, Jim! I really hope he recovers fully. Drumming is a big part of his livelihood, and there's no reason to jeopardize the health of his arm in the spirit of The Show Must Go On. If I want a one-armed drummer, I'll go see Def Leppard. Best of health to Jim, and my condolences to those affected by the cancellations.

Perhaps there will be a mini-farewell tour of the UK down the road, although it sounds like it would have been tough to top the Brixton show! I can see the t-shirts now: Farewell to Europe II: Unfinished Business. I may have to update my passport!

Hmm... there mightl be some tour jackets left over after all. Twisted Evil

Doctor's Orders-billy
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:33 am

Hopefully he will follow his doctor's orders and be back in business soon. Rushing to get back on stage too soon could jeopardize his whole future.

Get well soon, Slim Jim!
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:32 am

What a shame! I feel bad for all involved - Jim & the band, the crew, the venues, and all of the fans who are missing out on a chance to see a Stray Cats show.

I hope all goes well with Slim Jim's recovery and he is soon back howlin' & screamin', hittin' not missin'!

Last edited by Rocky Mountain Cat on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I cannot spell correctly. This is a shame, not a sham.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Bobby Retro

Bobby Retro

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:49 am

I can sure sympathize with Jim's condition. Did the same thing a few months ago only broke my wrist in two places (Colles's fracture). Was also in a cast up past my elbow. He will require therapy once the cast is removed to regain lost motion. I broke mine in March and just now I'm getting back to playing the guitar comfortably. Ice cream is a great source of calcium. It helps heal the fracture, mend the spirits and grow the waistline- Don't ask me how I know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aestheticinteriors.com/sc/store.php?crn=252
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:51 am

I wish jim all the best and a quick recovery I was lookin forward
to the glasgow gig for months and it could only be something
terrible like this to stop me going to the show Iam gutted to say
the least I have been on cloud 9 for weeks was there no chance
of a session drummer to take jims place just to fullfill the last 3
gigs ? I know It would not have been the same without the great
slim jim but is the catchphrase not the show must go on
sorry if Iam upseting anyone here but Iam totaly gutted for jim
and on not being able to see the gig
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 am

very sad for everybody, Stray Cats, Fans, Crew, Family.
But this is 100% bad luck...

I wish Slim Jim a good and fast recovery, and all of them a good flight back home.

And i wish all the british, scottish and irish fans a second chance to see the cats. Maybe they`ll come back for you, folks. The European madness started in your country. This is not a complete farewell.

Brett

What a tour...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:05 am

I doubt you`d get a session drummer to perform like Jim !!!!

He`s a one of a kind - The BEST !!!

Dave
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:51 am

Shit happens, get well soon Jim.
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:59 am

donpepe wrote:

easy for you to say mate youve already seen the cats
a session drummer could easily been hired two stray cats would have been
better than none atall Ive spent years of my life devoted to stray cats and Iam
gutted the brian decides to just cancell the remaining shows where's the loyalty there
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:20 am

Let's see...after a knife being thrown, being handcuffed by a fan, and having a badly broken wrist - perhaps they'd just had enough...
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:21 am

I understand your frustration man, had I not been able to see the Cats myself on this tour, I know I'd feel a huge let down of sorts.
But Jim has broken his wrist/arm, the Cats are the 3 of them, that's the whole point of the band isn't it?
It's not like they cancelled due to poor ticket sales, it was a sellout.
I'm sure they're extremely dissapointed also.
Would it be the same if it had happened to Brian? Just get some other guitarist/singer in - there's plenty around.
I've not read anywhere that it was just Brian's decision to cancel.
Perhaps Jim even suggested that they try and carry for the remaining dates with another drummer, I'm quite sure though that for Brian and Lee that wasn't even an option, that for me is loyalty.
Sorry again man about missing the show, fingers crossed for the future,
you just never know.......

Get well soon Jim !
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:33 am

Kiki wrote:
Let's see...after a knife being thrown, being handcuffed by a fan, and having a badly broken wrist - perhaps they'd just had enough...

Thats rockĀ“n roll..

lol!
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:37 am

Wanted to post this off the stray cats website

REMAINING STRAY CATS EURO DATES CANCELLED

IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET THAT WE ANNOUNCE THE CANCELLATION OF THE 3 REMAINING STRAY CATS SHOWS IN MANCHESTER ENGLAND, GLASGOW SCOTLAND & DUBLIN IRELAND.THE CATS' DRUMMER SLIM JIM PHANTOM BROKE HIS RIGHT ARM IN 3 PLACES DURING LAST NIGHT'S SHOW AT THE BRIXTON ACADENY IN LONDON. JIM WILL NEED SURGERY TO CORRECT HIS INJURIES. ATTEMPTING TO PLAY THE DRUMS AT THIS TIME IS IMPOSSIBLE AND WILL ONLY AGGRAVATE THE INJURY. JIM IS RETURNING TO AMERICA THIS EVENING FOR EMERGENCY SURGERY. OUR HEARTFELT REGRETS TO THE FANS WHO WILL BE DISAPPOINTED BY THIS NEWS. PLEASE HELP US IN WISHING JIM A QUICK RECOVERY.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:45 am

stray matt: I understand your feelings and believe me I'm also sorry for all the fans who
had tickets for the shows. But what can we do, no shows. I also thought maybe they could
fly Bernie in to do rest of the show etc, but then he also might have gigs or commitments somewhere and was'nt available or sumptin else? Maybe someday we will know?! I'm sure cats thought about continuing the tour somehow but it proved out to be impossible so they cancelled rest of the gigs.
I'm sure it was not an easy decision.
Back to top Go down
JB-IsleOfMan

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:16 pm

It's gutting, but I don't feel bad towards them. I've had a flight this morning to see them tonight, and going home tomorrow, so it's a double whammy for me. So much more than the price of a ticket that I will be able to get back...

Lovely thought to get Bernie in, but let's be honest here - this gig was cancelled at very short notice... even if he did happen to be free, it's a 10 hour flight from the US, plus rehearsal time etc.

Personally, I feel really bad right now as I'll probably never get to see them unless they do come back for these UK dates, but that's just the way these things go. I'm not risking flying to Australia next year, justr in case it happens again. Laughing

Get yourself back on form soon, Jim, and please please please come back and see us soon. Failing that if the 'Cats can come round to my local on the Isle of Man. I'll cover your costs, I promise.

JB
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:57 pm

oh man, that really blows....

...just had to say that

can I sing you a song?

wish I could cheer y'all up.

Manchester show CANCELLED!!! P1_ferrell

Last edited by tvthewiredturtle on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
Shocked

Manchester show CANCELLED!!! P1_ferrell
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Its an all round sad one this......

JB Isleofman.....I too was stopping over in Manchester before travelling onto Glasgow. I appreciate you are in a different position in that you are flying in but like you too made hotel reservations. This also happened to when I went to New York to see the turning on of the Christmas Lights & then see the Brian Setzer Orchestra at the Westbury Music Fair the following night.......that too got cancelled.

I remember at the time giving Tommy M such a hard time over the cancellation (poor lad it was'nt his fault in fact it was nobodys fault but the snow yet I was probably looking to blame someone) I regrettably had a massive moan to Tommy but as friends have been saying above.....this is life & these things happen from time to time, I guess we just have to learn to deal with them.

There is no way they could have slotted a session musician in, in such short notice & without doubt there would be some grumbles from other people that they are not getting the complete Stray Cats for their money. We've got to be thankful of a full money return cos I guess someone is having to pay for that venue for this evening.

JB I know its a tough pill to swallow but from my experience dont say anything that you will regret later on.

PS I know its a few years ago now but I really must apologise to Tommy M for my Rant.......it served no useful purpose at the time other than make me look silly.

CMUK
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:13 am

Holy Sh*t!
Got as far as Stockport(8 miles away) before we got a call telling us the news.Gutted doesn't cover it.
Yes,you think of a stand in drummer,but realistically...who the hell could they have got at such short notice who would by chance know the entire Stray Cats back catalogue?
We did ring the venue hoping they might still be selling merchandise.Man,I wanted one of those jackets!But we were doubly out of luck.I bet there were a lot turned up at the venue oblivious to the sad news.
I dearly hope it's logistically possible to squeeze us in at the end of another part of the tour somewhere down the line.For it all to end like this is just unthinkable.
I managed to cancel my hotel in Dublin without charge,but guess I'm shagg*d with Ryanair for the plane tickets.My only consolation is it was costing me a fortune in covering work/babysitter etc.
Best wishes to Jim,whom anyone has met him will confirm is a true gent.Hope for a speedy recovery so he can get back to Bangin & A Yellin' ASAP.

Steve
Gutted but realistic.
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:22 pm

stray matt wrote:
donpepe wrote:

easy for you to say mate youve already seen the cats
a session drummer could easily been hired two stray cats would have been
better than none atall Ive spent years of my life devoted to stray cats and Iam
gutted the brian decides to just cancell the remaining shows where's the loyalty there
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/view_profile.php?member_id=286
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manchester show CANCELLED!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next