Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manchester show CANCELLED!!!

Go down 
+17
Pinkpiratekitty
tvthewiredturtle
JB-IsleOfMan
Amity
sidelake bob
steb74
donpepe
Dave
Brett
matt
Bobby Retro
Rocky Mountain Cat
Kiki
Rickabilly
Faith
ScottS
HoundDog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DEXTER

DEXTER

Manchester show CANCELLED!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:25 pm

stray matt wrote:
donpepe wrote:
Shit happens, get well soon Jim.

easy for you to say mate youve already seen the cats
a session drummer could easily been hired two stray cats would have been
better than none atall Ive spent years of my life devoted to stray cats and Iam
gutted the brian decides to just cancell the remaining shows where's the loyalty there

I know its a bitter disappointment, and its okay for me totalk, I was in Brixton but I would think that realistically Brian and Lee's loyalty would lie with their friend and his health. Best wishes to Jim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/view_profile.php?member_id=286
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:04 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
Shocked

Manchester show CANCELLED!!! - Page 2 P1_ferrell

FRANK THE TANK - FRANK THE TANK-FRANK THE TANK - This is one of my all-favorite movies!!!
Back to top Go down
JB-IsleOfMan

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 5:18 am

crazy mixed up kid wrote:
Its an all round sad one this......

There is no way they could have slotted a session musician in, in such short notice & without doubt there would be some grumbles from other people that they are not getting the complete Stray Cats for their money. We've got to be thankful of a full money return cos I guess someone is having to pay for that venue for this evening.

JB I know its a tough pill to swallow but from my experience dont say anything that you will regret later on.

CMUK

Oh heck yes - I'm really sorry if it came across as a negative rant. I honestly didn't mean that. I'm going to keep everything crossed for a reschedule, but the Cats will always be at the top of my playlist whatever happens. It's a bit disappointing that I didn't see them this time round, but that's as far as it goes. I mean, it's not like they 'just couldn't be bothered' - playing would just have made things worse for Jim (even if he could), and there's no way I'd want that just to see a gig.

Get yourself rockin asap, Mr Phantom, and so much the better if the guys can call into the UK on the way Down Under.

If all else fails, stop off in the Isle of Man for a cup of tea and a practice - my mother's used to rockabilly bands rehearsing in the lounge, so it wouldn't be a problem! Wink

JB
Back to top Go down
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:52 pm

Some old rocker guy we met in the street in Manchester on our way up the road to have a look at the venue told us about Slim Jims accident and said he had been to the academy and heard that Bernie Dressel was coming to town. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

He did'nt though No No No No No No Then we were told the gig was CANCELLED!! affraid affraid affraid confused confused Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

CC/UK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manchester show CANCELLED!!!   Manchester show CANCELLED!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manchester show CANCELLED!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2