Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New album track list

Go down 
+16
Sharky
steb74
Andi
mjcodina
Twenty Flight Rick
gretschoholic
tvthewiredturtle
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Brett
laurent327
Scatman
Rocky Mountain Cat
Rickabilly
ScottS
peeteycat
Tennesseealien
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tennesseealien

New album track list Empty
PostSubject: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:34 am

My surfdog insider gave this to me!

1.don't be a stranger
2.The lonsome highway
3. instru-mental
4.Damn nation
5.The outsiders
6.pipeline
7.its now or never (insrtumental of course)
8.3rd man theme
9.snake eyes
10.train song
11.24 hour rock
12.sabrina
Back to top Go down
Tennesseealien

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:45 am

forgot to mention the Jap bonous tune.

13.when she don't call blues
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: REAL TRACK LISTING   New album track list Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:31 pm

'Setzer Goes Instru-MENTAL!' is filled with new takes on the classic model Setzer has perfected – one need look no further than the dexterous and layered "Go-Go Godzilla," honky-tonk jazz of "Lonesome Road," and 1-2 step jazz found on "Cherokee." Setzer also finds time for a little experimentation, breaking out the banjo for the hillbilly stomp of "Earl's Breakdown."

Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Cool - look forward to this one
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 25, 2011
Brian Setzer Brings Guitar Insanity to 'Setzer Goes Instru-MENTAL!'

After 43 years of honing his craft, Brian Setzer is releasing his first all-instrumental album showcasing what has made him one of the most legendary and credible artists in music today. He is universally respected by his peers; many regularly list him as one of the greatest living guitar players today.

The rockabilly legend, big band impresario, and all-around cool cat Brian Setzer gets up close and personal with his iconic Gretsch on 'Setzer Goes Instru-MENTAL!,' out April 19th on Surfdog Records. Known for his lightning-quick finger picking and hybrid rockabilly-jazz technique, Setzer's 7th solo album is an entirely instrumental collection of eleven songs that find the New York native stretching the limits of his already bible-thick catalog.

'Setzer Goes Instru-MENTAL!' is filled with new takes on the classic model Setzer has perfected – one need look no further than the dexterous and layered "Go-Go Godzilla," honky-tonk jazz of "Lonesome Road," and 1-2 step jazz found on "Cherokee." Setzer also finds time for a little experimentation, breaking out the banjo for the hillbilly stomp of "Earl's Breakdown."

'Setzer Goes Instru-MENTAL!' was produced by Setzer and his longtime collaborator Dave Darling (Tom Waits, Jack Johnson) and recorded with his trio. Setzer's guitar and banjo take centerstage on this new collection, backed by drummer Noah Levy and bassist Johnny "Spaz" Hatton.

So... Not surprisingly, the listing from TNA is complete rubbish. I almost wish he had been right. 11 tracks seems a little light. Of course, tunes like "Cherokee" lend themselves to some lengthy improvisations. "Go-Go Godzilla" sounds like it could be a lot like my wish-list version of "Bad, Bad Girl" without the vocals. I hope it's that adventurous. Take away the lyrics and that tune would be badass. "Earl's Breakdown" - as in Earl Scruggs - should be amazing.

It looks like we'll be wasting paragraph after paragraph debating the merits of yet another Setzer drummer. I can't wait to hear Noah Levy. Actually, I think I already have. He's credited on "Songs From Lonely Avenue." Anyone know on which tracks Mr. Levy played? "Mr. Surfer" and "Mr. Jazzer," perhaps? Given that Brian's tackling the jazz standard "Cherokee" on this album, I've got to believe Noah Levy's a helluva drummer. That he's Minneapolis-based could mean Brian has a collaborator for years to come.

Support Noah Levy!

When the Levy (drum) breaks-a-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:21 am

Uh, who's that Noah Levy?? I know he taped a few songs on Lonely Ave, but does anybody know if he's going to become a permanent BSO member? or he just records albums or helps Setzer with demos and all that??

BTW, The Setzer Archive has been updated recently with many many many new tickets, posters and all that... AMAZING!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:30 am

The staff of The Archive is very much looking forward to this album - and to hearing what Noah Levy will add to the mixture.

Thank you Slim!
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:07 pm

I was talking to a friend today. He said he thought this thread was disappearing.

Ooby Dooby!

Forget-me-not-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:33 am

Another friend told me Noah recorded ALL but one track on Lonely Ave.

(...and no, it wasn't Budgie)

Then today I heard that the Led Zep reunion show from 2007 (02 Arena) will be
released sometime this year on dvd. Very cool!

Artist to check out: Esperanza Spaulding

Setlist Archive: Good job Rocky, loving it!!

Stray Cats Blog: Brilliant, JP!

Lookin for nub...............
Scatman

Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:05 am

official track listing :

1. Blue Moon Of Kentucky
2. Cherokee
3. Be-Bop-A-Lula
4. Earl's Breakdown
5. Far Noir East
6. Intermission
7. Go-Go Godzilla
8. Lonesome Road
9. Hillbilly Jazz Meltdown
10. Hot Love
11. Pickpocket
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:07 am

Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:15 am

laurent327 wrote:
preview at :

http://media.shorefire.com/digital/public/Setzer-Goes-Instru-MENTAL

wow, that`s hot. I just listen only a few seconds i wanna wait for the release. But what i heard was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:43 am

I listened to the whole lot and I'm not sure what to make of it. As usual the playing is great, the tone is flawless but there's something missing (and I dont mean vocals). There's no guitar overdubs maybe ? The rhythm section sounds more like a karaoke backing track ,maybe ? Not sure, must give it another listen.....maybe I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:29 am

I know these are very lo res and compressed tracks on purpose for the "listening party" but I like the idea behind this album in that this lets Setzer get mobile to go out and play out all over the place! ..for sure my dad will buy this album Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:05 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
..for sure my dad will buy this album Smile

So will I!!! Very Happy I just love what I've heard so far. I must admit I haven't been crazy about his latest albums, but this one - YESSSS!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:38 pm

gretschoholic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

So will I!!! Very Happy I just love what I've heard so far. I must admit I haven't been crazy about his latest albums, but this one - YESSSS!!! Cool

pretty bitch'n guitar tones huh?? Feels like Setzer showed up to your living room
and just sat down to play your gretsch guitar for you in the style of Chet Atkins
(hence my dad going googoo for it as well)
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:04 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
gretschoholic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

pretty bitch'n guitar tones huh?? Feels like Setzer showed up to your living room and just sat down to play your gretsch guitar for you in the style of Chet Atkins

Yup! I wouldn't be surprised if there's one of them sparkle pedals (you know, the ones that the tone-crazy guy from Orange County built for him tongue ) somewhere in the signal chain... Wink
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:26 pm

gretschoholic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
gretschoholic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

pretty bitch'n guitar tones huh?? Feels like Setzer showed up to your living room and just sat down to play your gretsch guitar for you in the style of Chet Atkins

Yup! I wouldn't be surprised if there's one of them sparkle pedals (you know, the ones that the tone-crazy guy from Orange County built for him tongue ) somewhere in the signal chain... Wink

c'mon man dont rub it in... I know i'm being a little girl but I got pretty sad about the whole ordeal. Wouldnt be so bad if I wasnt such a fan of the Setzer, but I really wanted him to at least say something about those pedals.. even a " tavo those totally suck" would have still felt better than silence. Smile its cool.. I'm a devoted fan regardless and if somebody was trying to force me to try to use a flying V guitar from ESP and wanted a response.. I wouldnt know what to do either Smile
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:49 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
gretschoholic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
gretschoholic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

c'mon man dont rub it in...

Not my intention at all! Sorry bro... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 pm

gretschoholic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
gretschoholic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
gretschoholic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

c'mon man dont rub it in...

Not my intention at all! Sorry bro... Embarassed

no, no it was tongue in cheek!! Smile just being a whiner, tell me to shut up hah! I'm actually very fortunate that Brian was so cool and gave our nocturne preamp recognition and ordered 2 of them!! It was a privilege to make those and one of the greatest things I've every experienced doing as accomplishments go in life!
I've won ribbons and awards but when your guitar hero actually knows your name..damn that is cool. My kids and wife were so proud..

(so you can see I have no room to whine)
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:57 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
no, no it was tongue in cheek!! Smile just being a whiner, tell me to shut up hah!

And I was just tryin' to give a compliment about your tone and his pedal. Or the other way around... Rolling Eyes

Anyway, it's almost 1AM, so I'm hittin' the sack. Good night, Tavo. Sleep
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:02 pm

gretschoholic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
no, no it was tongue in cheek!! Smile just being a whiner, tell me to shut up hah!

And I was just tryin' to give a compliment about your tone and his pedal. Or the other way around... Rolling Eyes

Anyway, it's almost 1AM, so I'm hittin' the sack. Good night, Tavo. Sleep

g'nite from your idiot friend in so cal! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:10 pm

There's some good tunes on this new disc! Can't wait to experience with a real audio system!
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Man Ive been listening to it all day. There will be many close friendships lost due to me picking out every lick on this record allll daaay looong. Anyone notice that Far Noir East is just the same little section from "everybody wants to be a cat" over and over again? thats pretty cool.

Last edited by mjcodina on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:35 am

I listened to it again and it sounds better second time round, however I still think the rhythm section is lacking in punch. Lonesome Road, I think is my favourite track. I dont like Hillbilly Jazz Meltdown. It's a neither here nor there kinda tune and Pickpocket sounds like stuff hes done a million times.
Far Noir East is cool as is Go Go Godzilla. Not sure what to make of Blue Moon of Kentucky either.
Overall though, as usual Brians playing and sound/tone is beyond reproach.
I would listen to this record over and over whereas I've only played Songs from Lonely Avenue once or twice.
I listened to it with Headphones this time and it does make a difference....guitar sounds coming at you from all angles.

Must dash, the rain outside is wetter than usual
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New album track list
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next