Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New album track list

Go down 
+16
Sharky
steb74
Andi
mjcodina
Twenty Flight Rick
gretschoholic
tvthewiredturtle
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Brett
laurent327
Scatman
Rocky Mountain Cat
Rickabilly
ScottS
peeteycat
Tennesseealien
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

New album track list - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:06 pm

I have to admit, and this is going to sound really bizarre coming from the biggest Setzer fan in the world, but the total absence of Brian's voice leaves me a little cold. I haven't even made it through listening to all the tracks yet. I love the man's guitar work as much as anyone but its the expressiveness of the voice, AND the guitar, AND the look, AND the performance that does it for me... this is too much of half of it without the other half. A few of these in a live show will be wonderful, and in an mp3 playlist too. But all together, with NO voice?

I'm sure I'll warm up to it. Right?
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:43 pm

-

Last edited by steb74 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Listening the full album... it's a bit strange not to have Setzer singing, and as far as I've listened to, the only BUT is that he already recorded Be Bop A Lula with the Cats on Original Cool...
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:38 pm

I haven't listened to the point of familiarity but it was obvious that this version of Be Bop a Lula is vastly different, and his version of Blue Moon of Kentucky is vastly different than we've heard before too. I don't have a problem with him redoing songs he's already done... I appreciate the reinterpretations a lot.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Andi wrote:
I haven't listened to the point of familiarity but it was obvious that this version of Be Bop a Lula is vastly different, and his version of Blue Moon of Kentucky is vastly different than we've heard before too. I don't have a problem with him redoing songs he's already done... I appreciate the reinterpretations a lot.

One thing to pay attention to is that when you as a guitarist absorb a song that resonates
in you, there is thing light bulb thing that starts poppin in your head with all these little riffs and glibs from other tunes that you want to put into it but the balance of adding your own thing/arrangements and still keeping true to the melody isnt always easy.

I think I feel that in this album. I hear some of his riffs that he shucks and jives with in live concerts enter into these arrangements but I feel like he's conscious of that so he turns the corner the second your ear has that" hey I've heard that" moment.

I'm listening to it in my shop all day and yes Andi i think you'll warm up to the lack of vocals if you can grab the mindset of Setzer wanting to play charades with you for a change! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:07 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Setzer wanting to play charades with you Smile

Wasn't that good
Wasn't that good
Wasn't that good
I love to play games with you

*hot flush*

You knew I had to go there.

Twisted Evil

/end derail
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:17 pm

LOL ;-)

After listening to it a couple of times... I can only say that I only really enjoy 3 songs at all... the rest... well, to me a collection of riffs, licks he hasn't had to think about too much... maybe the lack of lyrics is giving me the sense as well of a bit of boredom... hopefully, he won't be playing no more than 4-5 instrumentals in a 20 song set list while on tour, will he?? Naaeee!! He won't!!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:24 pm

I guess the party's over. "Non-existent promotion specified." Shista!

@#%!-a-billy

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Rickabilly wrote:

@#%!-a-billy

it was a mistake by an employee from the website and was not meant for the public, I
have been asked that we do not discuss the means in which to allocate said recordings
on this forum.

btw.. I never got your tshirt size for the Nocturne vince ray shirt you wanted
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:

@#%!-a-billy

it was a mistake by an employee from the website and was not meant for the public, I
have been asked that we do not discuss the means in which to allocate said recordings
on this forum.

btw.. I never got your tshirt size for the Nocturne vince ray shirt you wanted

New album track list - Page 2 TheJerk_profitscheme

Really? Then you best get thee to a carnival for a second (or fifth) career as a weight guesser, because it fits great, even after the 15 pounds of Jack Daniels I've put on in recent months as I explore my fat, drunk, Jim Morrison stage.

Lizard King-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:37 am

I guess I should log on more often - I totally missed the free, albeit mistaken, preview of the tunes. I'll wait for the CD - hoping that there's lots of improv in this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerrylinger.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 am

if it helps I decided to start drinkin Cape Cods instead of my delicious George Dickle Tenn bourbon.. Vodka and cranberry juice is my new diet Smile JUST KIDDING ...sort of jocolor
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Count me in for the vodka squad! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:38 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
if it helps I decided to start drinkin Cape Cods instead of my delicious George Dickle Tenn bourbon.. Vodka and cranberry juice is my new diet Smile JUST KIDDING ...sort of jocolor

mmmm, George Dickle!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:28 pm

I missed the album preview as well...guess I gotta go and get the album when it hits the shelves. Gotta hunt down a copy of Live in Japan on DVD too.

I can't remember the last time I had an adult beverage. probably a holiday party or something. Yet, I feel like I'm in the excess baggage state of physical stature! Oh well, I was never a scrawny guy after jr high, so why start now. On the plus side, I'm not much bigger than I was back in highschool...about 20-30 lbs....eeee yah...that sounds bad!
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

does orange vodka & cranberry juice count? Is that a Cape Cod? You name everything out there in Cali? Have to keep the yummy vodka hidden as my friends seem to be drinking me out of vodka...amongst other things.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:01 pm

enjay07 wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

does orange vodka & cranberry juice count? Is that a Cape Cod? You name everything out there in Cali? Have to keep the yummy vodka hidden as my friends seem to be drinking me out of vodka...amongst other things.

Technically a Cape Cod is a chick drink made from Vodka, Cranberry juice and lime juice.
Cranberry juice needs to be 100%..not that ocean spray crap full of sugar or concentrate.
lime juice is just for a splash. some just put a slice on the side.
We have a lemon tree so we put the ice and the lemon slice into the tumbler first, then the 2 oz of Vodka then filled the rest with the cranberry juice..

If you have grey goose vodka then its super smooth and you can use a bit more vodka in the glass.. Tito's is nice too but made from corn not potatoes
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 am

Tito's is good stuff! It has a slightly different flavor than Goose, but works well in anything. It's also much more affordable than Grey Goose or any of the other top shelf brands.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:55 am

Twenty Flight Rick wrote:
Tito's is good stuff! It has a slightly different flavor than Goose, but works well in anything. It's also much more affordable than Grey Goose or any of the other top shelf brands.

Tito's reminds me of moonshine without the burn that a certain tennessee bass playing hillbilly had me try from a fruit jar.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:42 pm

funny about the Ocean Spray. I always see that stuff in the bar back of parties and receptions.

I can't remember the last time I had vodka. I've been a rum and gin guy for the last year or so. Captain and Bombay...not together ofcourse, that would be a disaster!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:59 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
funny about the Ocean Spray. I always see that stuff in the bar back of parties and receptions.

I can't remember the last time I had vodka. I've been a rum and gin guy for the last year or so. Captain and Bombay...not together ofcourse, that would be a disaster!

Sailor Jerry rum!!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:32 pm

I feel kinda bad I steered the thread on the 11 new tracks into 12-step territory.

On the other hand, I'm getting awfully thirsty...

My wallet and waistline tell me I should back away from the juice a bit.

George Jones is telling me a different story. Twisted Evil

Besides, the waistline doesn't stand a chance for the next couple of weeks. The arrival of Girl Scout Cookies is imminent.

Not-So-Thin Mints-a-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:19 pm

I've just checked the Victor Entertainment website (the Japanese record company for Brian Setzer) and the release date is scheduled for April 6th and no bonus tracks are mentioned... pity!

BTW, the Jeff Beck "RnR Party" CD is already on the streets!!! 20 tracks!! Gonna get hold of one anytime soon!
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:48 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
BTW, the Jeff Beck "RnR Party" CD is already on the streets!!! 20 tracks!! Gonna get hold of one anytime soon!

Back to top Go down
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:36 pm

laurent327 wrote:

http://
passe :

Thank you very much Laurent!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New album track list   New album track list - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New album track list
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next