Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amazing what you remember that you have..........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Amazing what you remember that you have.......... Empty
PostSubject: Amazing what you remember that you have..........   Amazing what you remember that you have.......... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Hey guys,
I remembered to find that bootleg casette (remember those?!) from when the Cats were here in '90-'91. Which date? I honestly can't remember, but I'm guessing March 4 1991 as I kept that ticket stub, and also the heavy emphasis on the Let's Go Faster stuff. Also set seems to be in line with the Melbourne vhs bootleg I have from '91.
Anyways, it's from an audio casette recorder that SOMEONE had hidden in ther jacket pocket! No mp3 players, just big handheld casette recorders! hahaha!! The good old days!!

Set list-

RUMBLE IN BRIGHTON
TOO HIP, GOTTA GO
LET'S GO FASTER
STRUCK BY LIGHTNING
GENE AND EDDIE
TOWN WITHOUT PITY
CROSS OF LOVE
SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH MY RADIO
SLEEPWALK
GINA-ACOUSTIC GRETSCH RANCHER
THIRTY DAYS-ACOUSTIC GRETSCH RANCHER
I FOUGHT THE LAW
STRAY CAT STRUT
SUMMERTIME BLUES
ROCK THIS TOWN

Encore 1-

SLIPPIN' IN/ BLAST OFF/ FISHNET STOCKINGS-PERFORMED AS A MEDLEY

Here it gets interesting. Brian comes out and thanks the crowd for a great time and hanging around. Nothing unusual until he goes on to explain that there's an electrical problem and they're getting zapped! He then says to give them a few more minutes and they'll come out to play some more! To use AussieSam's terminology "What a Champ!"

Encore 2-

RUNAWAY BOYS
JEANNIE, JEANNIE, JEANNIE
OH BOY

I think that was it because I remember saying how the tape just finished before the end of that song. What memories that brought back after listening to it. How can you doubt these guys loyalty to their fans? They already did an encore and still came out to do another, when they could of just as easily said/done nothing about the electrical problem and called it a night. I tips my hat off to ya Brian, Lee and Jim.
Cheers Pete.

P.S. I'll watch that vhs of the Melbourne show tonite and give ya a report tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Amazing what you remember that you have..........   Amazing what you remember that you have.......... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:19 pm

Very cool, Pete! Thanks for sharing.

What was the name of the venue? Was it at The Palace?

If the Melbourne vhs tape is from a different show, please post that setlist also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: Amazing what you remember that you have..........   Amazing what you remember that you have.......... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:24 pm

I'm DROOLING Pete!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Amazing what you remember that you have..........   Amazing what you remember that you have.......... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:21 am

Hey Pete, you have a way to transfer that to some digital medium? I'm sure there's some people here that would love a copy!!

*raises hand*

sunny
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Amazing what you remember that you have..........   Amazing what you remember that you have.......... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:51 am

andi wrote:
Hey Pete, you have a way to transfer that to some digital medium? I'm sure there's some people here that would love a copy!!

*raises hand*

sunny

I confirm... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazing what you remember that you have..........   Amazing what you remember that you have.......... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:26 am

What a nice set list!!!

I have that VHS, and yes, the venue was The Palace.
Same set list as the one posted by Pete, but encores are Mystery Train & Something Else if I am right
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Amazing what you remember that you have..........   Amazing what you remember that you have.......... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:18 am

Rocky Mountain Cat wrote:
Very cool, Pete! Thanks for sharing.

What was the name of the venue? Was it at The Palace?

If the Melbourne vhs tape is from a different show, please post that setlist also.

The Adelaide gigs in '90-'91 were all done at Transformers Night Club at the Bridgeway Hotel, except for the show as support for Jimmy Barnes which was at Memorial Drive Oval. Not sure of the Melbourne show, but I believe The Palace was the place.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Amazing what you remember that you have..........   Amazing what you remember that you have.......... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks for the info, Pete. I was under the impression that the setlist you had posted was from a second show in Melbourne - a different one than the show on the vhs you and Jon mentioned.

Good to know that "someone" taped it in Adelaide....
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing what you remember that you have..........   Amazing what you remember that you have.......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazing what you remember that you have..........
Page 1 of 1