Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.

Go down 
+15
Brett
Amity
Kid Setzer
Andi
Kelley
Bigbassape
Cristo
Sharky
Diggey
JC
tvthewiredturtle
Patrick
badkitty
Rickabilly
Iloveopiatesandgretsch
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Iloveopiatesandgretsch

Iloveopiatesandgretsch

Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Empty
PostSubject: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:19 pm

I have feeling Brian being the ultimate retro guy in the public's eye probably tends to purposely shy away from newer technology like Ipods and such. Although I could be wrong. But what I'm getting at, in this day in age where you can buy a cheap $150 USb camcorder and easily post videos up on the net. Wouln't it be cool if Brian either on his official site or myspace page posted some video blogs with some updates or maybe even some guitar playing at home or in a studio solo?

Just dreaming...

It would be cool though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/themusicofmichaelthomas
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:56 pm

I could be wrong, but lately it seems Brian seems to be distancing himself from his fans, with the cancellation of the Xmas tour, and the scaled-back website that gets an update every couple of weeks. Although there still is that new "Videos" page that says "Coming soon." Ringo has a video page on his website, too. Every couple of months he records a message to his fans. The last one he did was the infamous "stop sending me autograph requests." Maybe Brian could do one of those sarcastic Q & A's, only on video this time, where he can finally reveal to Pedro what kind of guitar cables he uses.

hihihihihihihi

Seriously, though. Brian has always valued his privacy, and if it hadn't been for the efforts of his former webmaster, we would probably only have heard from Brian whenever he had an album or tour going, just like most other artists. We've been spoiled with all the access we've had over the years, and while what you're suggesting would be very cool, it is probably the longshot of longshots. I will be curious to see what will be on the video page. Album sales haven't been all that great in recent years... perhaps he's got another job to fill the time between tours - possibly as a children's TV host:

Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. BrianRogers

Can you say "Another Effing Christmas Album", boys and girls? I knew you could.

Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Mr_mcfeely_2

Mr. McFeeley-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:08 am

I think Brian should treat his fans much better than he actually does, on and off the stage. I remember some friends trying to get hold of Brian waiting at his hotel, or right after the show and he wouldn't even had a smile for them. Slim and Lee were , on the contrary, much more polite and attended their fans.
A message every week or every fortnight would be very kind from him, at least to say that he's still alive, and what he's doing, what he's got in mind... whatsoever.

I appreciate much more what Slim Jim is doing, leaving a note regularly when he's not on tour. It doesn't mean a lot, but you know, he cares for his business.
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:50 pm

Brian has a knack for creating negative publicity about himself. I can't believe he does it deliberately, but for someone who's been around as long as he has, you'd think he'd know better. If he doesn't want people to comment about his personal life, then he needs to quit throwing comments about his personal life out there. I won't elaborate, as that's a surefire way to make this thread disappear but I'm sure there are enough old timers here who know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:22 pm

JonPascual wrote:
I think Brian should treat his fans much better than he actually does, on and off the stage. I remember some friends trying to get hold of Brian waiting at his hotel, or right after the show and he wouldn't even had a smile for them. Slim and Lee were , on the contrary, much more polite and attended their fans.
A message every week or every fortnight would be very kind from him, at least to say that he's still alive, and what he's doing, what he's got in mind... whatsoever.

What can I say.
It's very hard to love let's say 5 millions of fans at the same level. Day in and day out. That's why so many famous people go on drugs, alcohol, beat up photographers and so on...
Maybe he had a splitting head ache or what ever. He's only human. And like everybody else, Brian can be a pain in the %ss from time to time.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:35 pm

badkitty wrote:
Brian has a knack for creating negative publicity about himself. I can't believe he does it deliberately, but for someone who's been around as long as he has, you'd think he'd know better. If he doesn't want people to comment about his personal life, then he needs to quit throwing comments about his personal life out there. I won't elaborate, as that's a surefire way to make this thread disappear but I'm sure there are enough old timers here who know what I'm talking about.

really who F@#$'n cares about his screw ups, why do some people need Brian Setzer to
be their personal Budda? He's a musician, an artist.... most of us who write music, play an instrument, draw, paint,etc are pretty much brooding and temperamental. we ride the waves of emotion like a stormy sea and I cant even imagine having to always put on a fake happy face like some mickey mouse character constantly and then heaven forbid you happen to drink to much now and then and really not be able to keep yourself under wraps.

This forum is not going to be for negative sh$t, seriously... c'mon really dont take that road you guys.

warmly,
tv cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:00 pm

TV Wrote:

really who F@#$'n cares about his screw ups, why do some people need Brian Setzer to
be their personal Budda? He's a musician, an artist.... most of us who write music, play an instrument, draw, paint,etc are pretty much brooding and temperamental. we ride the waves of emotion like a stormy sea and I cant even imagine having to always put on a fake happy face like some mickey mouse character constantly and then heaven forbid you happen to drink to much now and then and really not be able to keep yourself under wraps.

This forum is not going to be for negative sh$t, seriously... c'mon really dont take that road you guys.

warmly,
tv
cyclops

Sheesh TV! I absolutely do NOT expect Brian Setzer to be better than anyone else, and he certainly is not my personal Buddha. I just think it's kind of silly when he or any other celeb acts like their victims, when they are the ones calling attention to themselves. They do it to themselves! I love Brian's music (mostly) and think he is one of the best entertainers around, but I also don't get this "hands off" routine either. Having said that I know this is Mandi's board and her rules need to be respected, which is why I did not elaborate. Relax. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:16 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

warmly,
tv cyclops

Well said!
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:16 pm

badkitty wrote:
TV Wrote:

warmly,
tv
cyclops

Sheesh TV! I absolutely do NOT expect Brian Setzer to be better than anyone else, and he certainly is not my personal Buddha. I just think it's kind of silly when he or any other celeb acts like their victims, when they are the ones calling attention to themselves. They do it to themselves! I love Brian's music (mostly) and think he is one of the best entertainers around, but I also don't get this "hands off" routine either. Having said that I know this is Mandi's board and her rules need to be respected, which is why I did not elaborate. Relax. Rolling Eyes

I'm not trying to sound uptight sorry if it seems that way... not intended.
afro
Back to top Go down
Diggey

Diggey

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:34 pm

I think boths sides should be consider, only because we should stick together. We all have clrearly a common interest/obsession or whatever since this IS a Brian Setzer fanclub site.

I think one thing that does get lost, and I speak from experience but no where near Brians level. Touring is tough. Even if you play crappy dive bars 4 times a month carrying gear, getting home at 4am if you are lucky (or unlucky Wink ) constantly chasing your next gigs and band practices and egos is draining.

Imagine doing that for how many years is it? 30 something for him? Some guys do drink, smoke, dope up or down, cheat just to break that time up.

Now throw in making records, Tours, Promotions, Laundry mats, People who are trying to get every $ they can and then your family, your kids and the travelling away from home.

It sounds glamorous on one side. But do if for 30 years and you are bound to search for some peace and a break. Hes tired I bet.

Can Brian be more friendly.... MAYBE? But maybe he needs to get away to come back re-energized and freindly. I know I would. He does the Stray Cats overseas, He does the Promo stuff for the BSO album in the USA, and he does the BSO Christmas in Japan. Who flew that much this year? Sucks doesn't it? Get what I'm saying?

The other thing, is I hope he is right now working on new music, and that takes alot of time and seperation as TV brought up. Sometimes.
Sometimes its ultra easy to write music. Other times it could be years until. So, no one should get bashed for wanting more Setzer related. But try and understand why he wants to chill for a minute. He might be back in 6 months with the best music he has ever made. Or he might stay gone. We have 30 years of him to enjoy as it is now.

Remember, I'm not preaching, just asking you to walk a mile in his Creepers. Then slug a nice Bells Double Cream Stout on me..... sorry for rambling. I just know touring sucks and I jsut think these points get missed alot.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Diggey wrote:
I think boths sides should be consider, only because we should stick together. We all have clrearly a common interest/obsession or whatever since this IS a Brian Setzer fanclub site.

I think one thing that does get lost, and I speak from experience but no where near Brians level. Touring is tough. Even if you play crappy dive bars 4 times a month carrying gear, getting home at 4am if you are lucky (or unlucky Wink ) constantly chasing your next gigs and band practices and egos is draining.

Imagine doing that for how many years is it? 30 something for him? Some guys do drink, smoke, dope up or down, cheat just to break that time up.

Now throw in making records, Tours, Promotions, Laundry mats, People who are trying to get every $ they can and then your family, your kids and the travelling away from home.

It sounds glamorous on one side. But do if for 30 years and you are bound to search for some peace and a break. Hes tired I bet.

Can Brian be more friendly.... MAYBE? But maybe he needs to get away to come back re-energized and freindly. I know I would. He does the Stray Cats overseas, He does the Promo stuff for the BSO album in the USA, and he does the BSO Christmas in Japan. Who flew that much this year? Sucks doesn't it? Get what I'm saying?

The other thing, is I hope he is right now working on new music, and that takes alot of time and seperation as TV brought up. Sometimes.
Sometimes its ultra easy to write music. Other times it could be years until. So, no one should get bashed for wanting more Setzer related. But try and understand why he wants to chill for a minute. He might be back in 6 months with the best music he has ever made. Or he might stay gone. We have 30 years of him to enjoy as it is now.

Remember, I'm not preaching, just asking you to walk a mile in his Creepers. Then slug a nice Bells Double Cream Stout on me..... sorry for rambling. I just know touring sucks and I jsut think these points get missed alot.

yep...yep...AND yep! one more thing to add.... once youre past 40 you tend to get the
Clint Eastwood "gran Torino" grrr thing with life in general. Wink no one? no one?
its just me then. grrrrr.... Suspect rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:25 pm

I want to know if he has any moles on his ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerrylinger.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Sharky wrote:
I want to know if he has any moles on his ass.

Finally a good question!!! man where have you been...!!
god bless america,
Glen livet
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Quiet Sharky! That mental image is gonna give kelley the vapors lol!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Brian Setzer must be a great guy. I think deep down you all know that, no question. I guarantee you hear more good than bad about him, and it will always be that way. Anyone who has something REALLY negative to say about Brian is probably negative about a lot of things.

Just take a look at all the good stories you hear from other people here! People that have met Brian, and Jim and Lee. Every single last person I know that has met Brian Setzer has nothing but good to say about their experience. Hell, most of 'em worship the guy!

All I'm saying is this - I know for a fact that if I had the kind of publicity and attention that Mr. Brian Setzer has had over the years, people wouldn't think as highly of me as they do him. Stress gets to people, and we choose to handle it in different ways. I also enjoy my privacy, very much so, and sometimes when I can't get it, but really need it, I can be a tad irritable.

Lemme ask you this - when was the last time you heard about Brian knocking out a photographer, or ranting about Scientology? OK.

I'm sure Brian is a very generous guy, and loves his fans, but he's also a hard-working musician, and the music he makes is the greatest gift of all! It's Rock'n'Roll, baby! Enjoy it. This kinda stuff doesn't come around too often, you know!

One more thing - I respect the way Brian Setzer handles his fame. Staying under the radar for a little R&R is probably the best way I can think of to keep the shit from rolling over into your private life.

I heard somewhere: "A day with no news is good news"...

Maybe he just prefers to stay outta the spotlight while we're all waiting for him to drop a big, beautiful ROCKABILLY bomb on us!

PEACE
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Cristo wrote:
Brian Setzer must be a great guy. I think deep down you all know that, no question. I guarantee you hear more good than bad about him, and it will always be that way. Anyone who has something REALLY negative to say about Brian is probably negative about a lot of things.

Just take a look at all the good stories you hear from other people here! People that have met Brian, and Jim and Lee. Every single last person I know that has met Brian Setzer has nothing but good to say about their experience. Hell, most of 'em worship the guy!

All I'm saying is this - I know for a fact that if I had the kind of publicity and attention that Mr. Brian Setzer has had over the years, people wouldn't think as highly of me as they do him. Stress gets to people, and we choose to handle it in different ways. I also enjoy my privacy, very much so, and sometimes when I can't get it, but really need it, I can be a tad irritable.

Lemme ask you this - when was the last time you heard about Brian knocking out a photographer, or ranting about Scientology? OK.

I'm sure Brian is a very generous guy, and loves his fans, but he's also a hard-working musician, and the music he makes is the greatest gift of all! It's Rock'n'Roll, baby! Enjoy it. This kinda stuff doesn't come around too often, you know!

One more thing - I respect the way Brian Setzer handles his fame. Staying under the radar for a little R&R is probably the best way I can think of to keep the shit from rolling over into your private life.

I heard somewhere: "A day with no news is good news"...

Maybe he just prefers to stay outta the spotlight while we're all waiting for him to drop a big, beautiful ROCKABILLY bomb on us!

PEACE
you sir are a poet, I can hear melody in your words!
- Laphroag single malt
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:41 pm

P.S. - Who the hell would ever wanna leave the great state of Minnesota, anyway???

CHEERS!

- Premium Grain Belt
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:21 pm

Cristo wrote:
P.S. - Who the hell would ever wanna leave the great state of Minnesota, anyway???

CHEERS!

- Premium Grain Belt

from a dedicated southern californian... I dont know much but I know the south is
a balm for the soul, minnesota cant be all that bad!
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:08 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Cristo wrote:

CHEERS!

- Premium Grain Belt

from a dedicated southern californian... I dont know much but I know the south is
a balm for the soul, minnesota cant be all that bad!

I'm in SoCal too, but didn't grow up here, & although I've lived here many years, I still miss the seasons! While I'm sure there were many factors in the Setzers' move to MN.,
I can't blame Julie for wishing to return to her home state. Summers in the SoCal desert are really brutal! My in-laws used to live in Palm Desert; not much you can do when it's 125 degrees outside, except stay inside, or burnnnnn. baby!!! (I'm a fair skinned redhead,
so I can't tan, just burn!) So, even if shoveling snow, and driving on icy roads may be treacherous, a Minnesota snowfall sure is pretty to see. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

yep...yep...AND yep! one more thing to add.... once youre past 40 you tend to get the
Clint Eastwood "gran Torino" grrr thing with life in general. Wink no one? no one?

Grrrrr..............

I'm here to tell you Touring is simultaneously the most rewarding and most grueling experiences you can put yourself through. I know that when I would do extended runs, I'd come home, and not want to even see another human being for days. I can't imagine what it's like to do it at the level brian does it for that many years.

like I said

Grrrr......
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Bigbassape wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Grrrrr..............

I'm here to tell you Touring is simultaneously the most rewarding and most grueling experiences you can put yourself through. I know that when I would do extended runs, I'd come home, and not want to even see another human being for days. I can't imagine what it's like to do it at the level brian does it for that many years.

like I said

Grrrr......

I feel you dog!!
afro
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:51 pm

okay okay, I bet you all want me to say something about a certain post here, lol,
BUT.....
may I say something???
The look or even the thought of a bare man's ass is GROSSSSSS!!!! ewwww No
total turn off for me, 'nuff said

*and yes, I am serious*

Kelley
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 am

Ahhh, sorry Kelley, did not mean to offend, but (and speaking as one older than you), I've seen some lovely male behinds in my time; truly works of ( fun-loving) arse. . .I mean art. . . . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:04 am

kelley68 wrote:
okay okay, I bet you all want me to say something about a certain post here, lol,
BUT.....
may I say something???
The look or even the thought of a bare man's ass is GROSSSSSS!!!! ewwww No
total turn off for me, 'nuff said

*and yes, I am serious*

Kelley

I agree clown
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:45 am

What a strange, strange thread. Starts with thoughts of video blogging, veers into the stresses of touring, then sharp right turn to...

men's asses?! WTF? Shocked

Though I would like to point out... we all got 'em, we oughtta celebrate 'em! Who's got that pic of Brian's backpiece, with the leather pants?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.   Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is something interesting I don't think that has been discussed.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next