Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?

Go down 
+31
Brent
Hot Rod Girl
Amity
WildCat
Budgie
crazy mixed up kid
Guitarmaniac
Daddio
Le Hub'
pony65k
sidelake bob
cosbird
Dave
wee mark
Kiki
Sharky
laurent327
Tommy Maguire
Andi
ScottS
Kid Setzer
Brett
Pistol Pete
scatcatcnut
Setzerado
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
gretschkat57
Jess
badkitty
Rickabilly
BSO_Rocks
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:50 am

"Jungle RocK" is fantastico. Adam sings backup vocals. The whole CD is great. I must say that I am particularly knocked out by the track, "B-29 (Droppin' Bombs on Your Heart)". It's a very topical tune with lyrics that could apply to some very topical situations.
Cool
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:02 am

I wish Adam could back on track again, recruit Marco and return to the form of the Kings album.

Rancheros my favourite track but everything has its merits -Vive Le Rock my fav. Adam album.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:13 am

Apparently, Adam is in a real good way at the moment. He's got a load of songs written and made a statement a couple of weeks ago indicating that he wanted to get in the studio to begin work on a new album.

He also expressed an interest in working with the Kaiser Chiefs. I'd love to hear that collaboration.

Tommy wears white sox
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:21 am

I noticed you had 'beautiful' on your current playlist on thread another page - is that your fav. ant cd or just fav of the moment?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:30 am

There are so many Adam tracks that I like....I love the first Ants record, "Dirk Wears White Sox", the "Kings" stuff is amazing....some of "Friend or Foe"....some of "Prince Charming"....all of "Wonderful" and "Vive Le Rock"...none of "Strip" (lol! hate that entire record)...."Manners & Physique" is superb and entirely different than all of his other work. I will say this....I think Matthew Ashman was a much more interesting guitar player than Marco is. Just my opinion though.

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of,
T
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:40 am

I like some of the very early stuff but for me Marco's guitar work defines the Ants'sound'. I suppose cos he is more rooted in r'n'r than Ashman perhaps and I prefer more straightahead stuff. I believe the Wolfmen CD - Marco's current band is very good per some reviews have read but not heard myself yet.

I was in a band that supported the ants whilst still in the Dirk years -so presumably Ashman was guitarist at time but it seems to have become erased from my memory banks -Adam was friendly enough though.

I remeber seeing the Vive Le Rock tour and the whole band sounded much heavier and rockier -one of my top 20 all time gigs.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:57 am

Yeah, I saw the Vive tour when it hit Philly in autumn 1985. It was much better than the other times I'd seen him. He looked and sounded great and Marco also sounded fab. Marco was playing a Flying V among other wacky guitars and Adam spent a lot of time posing with that fabled White Falcon. I remember the Falcon was over his back more that it was in his hands. lol

Gotta say that the best time I've seen Adam was in Feb. 1993 when Boz Boorer and and Dave Ruffy were with him. THAT was raucous!

-T
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:19 am

There was a bonus live cd featuring that lineup (I think it was def Boorer anyway) with one of the hits comps here in UK about 10 years ago -but don't think it translated as well perhaps, cos sound was a bit thin.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:23 am

Yeah....I have that. Adams vocals were rather weak. They recorded a "secret" gig at a soundstage and put it directly on CD. No overdubbs, no real mixing.....like you said, it didn't translate. They tried to cop what Morrissey did on the amazing "Beethoven Was Deaf" CD and didn't quite nail it.
-T
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:35 am

On different tack - knowing you are a Duffy fan -on the BBC website there are a couple of live clips from TV show from a fortnight ago. Apparently there is deluxe version of Rockferry out in November -have seen vid for the next single 'Rain on your parade' - is not bad but not as strong as most of stuff on the album.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:24 am

Ahh yesh.....Duffy. I love "Rockferry". I know she's taking a lot of heat for being an Amy Crackhouse rip-off etc., but that's a load of bollocks. Duffy does her thing and the only comparison to Amy is that they are both UK female vocalists. What I love about Duffy is her voice of course, but just as important...the SONGS. There are like 7 strong tracks on "Rockferry" and that's like 7 tracks more than most popular bands have on a record in this day of age.

My buddy, the aforementioned Mr. Hawley, has arranged for me to take photos of Miss Duffy next week in Philly when she opens for Coldcuts. errr.....Coldplay. Gonna be a pleasure to snap someone so beautiful.

Music rules.

T
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:50 am

T - will you be sharing the Duffy photos with us? Hope so!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:05 am

Sure, assuming it all works out, I'll be happy to. Fingers crossed that I'll be in the pit aiming my Canon at Duffy. errrrrrr.....that didn't sound right, did it??

T
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:06 am

I agree that the Winehouse comparisons are stupid -I can see no similarity in style myself - would also agree that there are about 7 strong tracks on Rockferry -am just concerned that there may be no more left in the bank - all the cd single 'b -sides ' were very average at best. She does a track called Oh Boy on the BBC website clip which is pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:18 am

Try'in to warm to the AC/DC cd,at the Mo.

But,our new Samsung tv, blu-ray player and sky tv package,is keeping me down staires.

Lost season 4 on blu-ray...................I'm hooked!

Wee Mark. Smile

Ps...............Best wishes to Tommy.
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:32 am

Am a bit disappointed in the ac/dc cd -some good tracks but not a lot of killers
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:43 am

scatcatcnut wrote:
Am a bit disappointed in the ac/dc cd -some good tracks but not a lot of killers

i just bought it and had the same thoughts.
It´s ok. Decibel is my favorite. Cool guitar sound
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Back to top Go down
cosbird

cosbird

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Dave wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dlzY9uIk_ww

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mW0DG0DQXrA

Imelda May with husband Darrel Higham on guitar...

this lady needs a lot more attention, shes fab, am sooooo looking forward to december when i get to see her play dublin...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cosbird
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Dave wrote:

Wow! Maybe it is time for a Dublin weekend again.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Normally, I order this sort of thing from Howard at Raucous, but I couldn't wait, so I downloaded it last week. Imelda May rocks! I've been enjoying her hubby's music for years. I don't know what took me so long to check her out!

Still eagerly awaiting Boz Boorer's latest from Raucous - arriving any day now.

Damn. I just banned myself from this forum a few hours ago, and all it took was some fantastic music to suck me back in.

Boz-a-billy
Back to top Go down
cosbird

cosbird

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 pm

sidelake bob wrote:
Dave wrote:

Wow! Maybe it is time for a Dublin weekend again.

what can i say lelle...dublin is the place to be... no bigotory here Very Happy ... the venue shes playing looks great, not too big not too small Laughing ... seriously though it should be a great night

by the way rickabilly didn't know that was her hubby playing guitar, would be grateful for some more info

Last edited by cosbird on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:36 pm

andi wrote:
Soooo.... anybody heard any great bands lately?

Love your work Andi. Big into the latest Extreme CD Saudades de Rock. There's a great track called Take Us Alive, which has a great Rockabilly feel to it.

Take Us Alive Video This video even has an Elvis break in the song!! That's alright Mama.

Extreme René-a-pony

PS - Sorry, for whatever reason, I couldn't insert the video through the video link.

Last edited by pony65k on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
cosbird

cosbird

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:38 pm

have just looked back on the headline of this post and have realised that a lot of people are going to be reading through this thread hoping to get gossip on T & B only to end up reading about imelda.... Very Happy Very Happy ..... the path to fame ehhh....
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:57 pm

I just saw Duffy last week in NYC, she has a great sound and she is very sexy.

Her band sounded great and her lead guitarist sported a black Falcon.

Hey T, look forward to some pictures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?   Tommy M and Brian have parted ways? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tommy M and Brian have parted ways?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next