Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bsetzer.com

Go down 
+52
Setzerado
Babs
Bear85
cosbird
Pirate Paul
Sharky
FrenchyCat
brucie68
rubydoll5
scatcatcnut
Drew Sugar1
vic
ScottS
Andi
crazy mixed up kid
Guitarmaniac
Twenty Flight Rick
MEMPHISSUN
laurent327
Davy Jones
webelvis
rockabilly guy
WildCat
Rockabilly Ross
donpepe
JC
Pistol Pete
pony65k
Aussie_Sam
Rocky Mountain Cat
sidelake bob
Tommy Maguire
Carbon Cat UK
Cristo
tvthewiredturtle
enjay07
nietsk
matt
Le Hub'
Hot Rod Girl
Kiki
Kid Setzer
Scatman
kbilly
Pinkpiratekitty
gretschoholic
Dave
Rickabilly
Brett
Hepkitten
Amity
Spanishdavid
56 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:26 am

what happened to all Tommy´s pics at bs.com??? they seem to be all gone.... Question scratch
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:27 am

I noticed the music player was gone as well.
Back to top Go down
Hepkitten

Hepkitten

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:01 am

I gotta say that I really admire Lee and Jim for their connection to the fans.
Brian has only taken stuff away! Sad
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:30 am

Hepkitten wrote:
I gotta say that I really admire Lee and Jim for their connection to the fans.
Brian has only taken stuff away! Sad

oh no, i wouldn`t say this. The BS.com was anytime very updated.
Now it`s a little down for what reason ever, but it seems to me all three are down to earth.
(for people who work for the Rock`n Roll Buisness)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:33 am

Everything that made that website an invaluable resource for the fans is gone. Everything. It feels like the fans are being taken for granted, pushed away, or both.

The tireless work performed by Tommy on a near-daily basis made that site a cut above most other musician sites. I hope going forward, some notice is taken as to the value of the online community of fans, who have helped sustain Brian's career in the post-Dirty Boogie years. Fan interest in Brian's career continues year-round now, rather than just a couple of weeks before and after an album or tour. I suppose that presents some challenges, but on the whole, I think that's a positive thing.

I can already hear the insiders saying "the only thing fans are entitled to is the enjoyment of the music, be it an album or concert." Fair enough. But I have a lot of respect for the fans' loyalty through TWO Christmas albums and the incredible variety presented in the last three non-holiday releases: Rockabilly Riot, 13, and Wolfgang's Big Night Out. Fans with a more fickle and less refined musical pallette might have turned their back on Setzer. But I believe the comraderie amongst the fans who gather here and those who make the daily pilgrimage to the official site help to keep that flame burning.

Lately, it seems like someone is doing their best to extinguish that flame. I hope I'm wrong about that, but in case I'm not, I will offer this:

Be careful what you wish for.

Karma-billy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:36 am

Guys and Gals,

Brian Setzer . com is one of the most up to date sites i have ever seen, and Tommy does amazing work to keep us informed. We get breaking news from the most reliable of sources.

How long did we need the tour pictures there for ? Surely we have all seen then countless times in the past few weeks !!!

The site is moving on with up to date new information, as it ought to. We have been advised of BSO appearances on a TV show, and new dates added to the Australian tour. The Japan tour is advertised, quite rightly too, in the same way the European tour was advertised on the site since March this year !!!

Also, sometimes things are taken away to be refreshed, updated, etc etc.

So c'mon guys, let`s not diss the best site we have for information i have ever seen, let`s keep it all positive, and remember,

It`s all about the music!!!

Cheers

Dave
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
what happened to all Tommy´s pics at bs.com??? they seem to be all gone.... Question scratch

The pictures, setlists etc are all still there. Here's the link:

Stray Cats Tour Coverage

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Thanks, I just couldn´t find the link on the main page.
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:58 pm

I agree with you RAB.

I was banned from the other site, and the admin for it never gave me any warning, let alone a reason why. It makes me wonder if Brian new what was going on - I can't imagine him being offended by anything posted on there. He seems like such a down to earth kinda guy, and it's not like he doesnt know that his music isn't mainstream, and Im sure he is not expecting it to be, and could care less if it was.

However - the site was run by an individual, and that person has every right to ban anyone they wish. They have the right to delete whatever they wish. The problem with this is that it makes it seem like Brian has the same feelings as the person running the site, and fans (new and old) are being lost because of it. Granted there are a few loonies out there that just want to piss people off, and cause trouble.

Anyways - Im glad that this site is here. I did meet some great people from the other site, and hope to meet more here.

Go Cats go! PPK cat pirat
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:10 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
Thanks, I just couldn´t find the link on the main page.

No prob, buddy! I kinda expected the link to be removed eventually (although not yet), so I bookmarked it while the tour was still going on Cool

I gotta admit I miss the music player, though...

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:25 pm

Mmmm... Hot Dogs!

bsetzer.com Weinermobile

Frankfurter-billy

Last edited by Rickabilly on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Now, Rick.... you seem to know a bit more about what´s really going on.

Anything about the "hot dogs" you would like to share with us, customers?
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:35 pm

Not really. That message board is long gone. I just wanted PPK to know that if Tommy said he didn't ban her, then you count on that being the truth.

I look forward to being a part of this message board, where I feel I can trust all of the people involved in running it.

As Dave said, we should focus on more of the positives. I've made so many friends here, some of whom are like family to me, and while a common interest in the music of Brian Setzer has put me in touch with some of the most genuine people I have ever met, I have to give credit to people like Tommy, Mandi, Scott, Chet, and Tavo for keeping such a great gathering place like this one afloat all these years. You all have had a hand in affecting my life in a positive way, and for that, I am grateful.
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Banned!   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:40 pm

so if i get banned from the BS site and I get banned from this site does that make me a Double Rockabilly Rebel ?!
Woo Hoo! well all right. Count me in!
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Rickipedia!

Love your avatar...................maybe my 'puter screen is too small, but I'd never seen that photo of Budgie and Brian before.

Season of Glass,
Scatman Winston O'Boogie

Last edited by Scatman on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:34 pm

HAHAHAHA! You're much tooo much, Scat-brotha!

Two Sturgeons-billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:04 pm

"kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss me love....
just.... one.... kiss, kiss will do"

Grapefruit in Cold Spring Harbor............................

Hey...Budgie has the same shirt you have on!!!
What the ????

Last edited by Scatman on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm confused - so is that you (Rick) with Tommy in your avatar? Or is that scatman? And if it is you (rick) why does scatman have you with Brian as HIS avatar?..

You know, I just realised that I've known alot of you for about 4-5 years now but if I saw you walking down the streets I wouldn't know what you look like Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Scatman

Scatman

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Hello Kid!

Before this gets derailed any further, let me clear it up by saying that yes, that is the one and only, the scholar and gentleman Rickipedia in both pictures. We can pretend that Scatman took the photos...........or not.

RnR
Alex (who was nowhere near Rickabilly when those photos were taken!)
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:47 pm

Give Peas a Chance-a-billy

Last edited by Rickabilly on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:52 pm

What does Michael Jackson have to do with this??????
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:00 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Not really. That message board is long gone. I just wanted PPK to know that if Tommy said he didn't ban her, then you count on that being the truth.

He did say he banned me. He just didnt tell me why.
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:02 pm

Scatman wrote:
What does Michael Jackson have to do with this??????

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:04 pm

Rickipedia! Brilliant!!! Love it! And so true!

Gonna have to change your name, Rickabilly.
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:14 pm

kbilly wrote:
so if i get banned from the BS site and I get banned from this site does that make me a Double Rockabilly Rebel ?!
Woo Hoo! well all right. Count me in!

I think it would! The more places your banned, the more rebel you are I guess. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bsetzer.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bsetzer.com
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: All things Setzer-
Jump to: