Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bsetzer.com

Go down 
+52
Setzerado
Babs
Bear85
cosbird
Pirate Paul
Sharky
FrenchyCat
brucie68
rubydoll5
scatcatcnut
Drew Sugar1
vic
ScottS
Andi
crazy mixed up kid
Guitarmaniac
Twenty Flight Rick
MEMPHISSUN
laurent327
Davy Jones
webelvis
rockabilly guy
WildCat
Rockabilly Ross
donpepe
JC
Pistol Pete
pony65k
Aussie_Sam
Rocky Mountain Cat
sidelake bob
Tommy Maguire
Carbon Cat UK
Cristo
tvthewiredturtle
enjay07
nietsk
matt
Le Hub'
Hot Rod Girl
Kiki
Kid Setzer
Scatman
kbilly
Pinkpiratekitty
gretschoholic
Dave
Rickabilly
Brett
Hepkitten
Amity
Spanishdavid
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

bsetzer.com - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:54 pm

I know you had nothing but good intentions with your post, Carbon Cat. It would be difficult to put out any sort of official statement regarding this, so I suppose you've done the next best thing. Tommy is a great guy, and I know he appreciates the support and well-wishes.

Brian (or possibly his management company) does own the domain briansetzer.com. In this day and age, it would be a bad business decision to pull it from cyberspace. But I have a difficult time believing it will ever serve the fans the way it did under the talents of the real "man with the magic touch," Tommy Maguire.

Welcome back, Carbon Cat!

Good vibrations-billy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
But I have a difficult time believing it will ever serve the fans the way it did under the talents of the real "man with the magic touch," Tommy Maguire.

Good vibrations-billy

Hear Hear - let`s all raise a glass (or two) to Mr Tommy Maguire, a real top Cat !! (some may say, the 4th Stray Cat !!)

Dave
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:24 pm

Dave wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:
But I have a difficult time believing it will ever serve the fans the way it did under the talents of the real "man with the magic touch," Tommy Maguire.

Good vibrations-billy

Hear Hear - let`s all raise a glass (or two) to Mr Tommy Maguire, a real top Cat !! (some may say, the 4th Stray Cat !!)

Dave

bsetzer.com - Page 3 51959792
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Hey 'yall.

Thanks for the nice words regarding my work on BrianSetzer.com. I really appreciate that people enjoyed what I did over the years. I'll say now what I said then. It was an honor to be involved with Brian (and the Cats) in that capacity. Best job in the world. I'll miss the involvement with Brian's fans very much.

Remember though, all I did was put words, bright photos and graphics on a website. I didn't create or maintain Brian's fanbase, I just gave them something to look at while they weren't looking at Brian on the stage or TV. I was a bug on the windscreen that is/was Brian's career and nothing more. I was, as I said in 1999 when I got the gig, "the luckiest fan in the world".

I thank you for liking what I did and I thank Brian for the opportunity to do it.

Take care folks,
Tommy Maguire
Philadelphia

ps- And remember.....never say anything to someone via the Internet that you wouldn't say to their face. It's bad manners.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Thanks for your work with BS Tommy, I miss you and i dont think i am the only one.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Thank you for everything, Tommy. You will be missed tremendously. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement.

May you have only the best possible luck in the future.

Be well,

RMC
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:22 pm

I hope this person was not involved Tommy!!
bsetzer.com - Page 3 Johnandyoko

You are a Like a Star @ heaven in my book Tommy, you got heart!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:47 pm

Yoko Ono may be an artist, but I don't believe she has any web design skill. Her idea of web design would be to hang a computer monitor, a hammer, and a nail from the ceiling. Then you could climb a ladder and hammer an imaginary nail into the screen for an imaginary five shillings. scratch

Tommy was all class in his post, and his modesty makes me smile!

"All I did was add words, bright photos, and graphics on a website." That's like Michaelangelo saying "I thought the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel could use a little color, that's all."

Toppermost of the Poppermost-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:51 pm

Gonna miss the amazing work you did on the Setzer site champ.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:36 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:
Hey 'yall.
I was a bug on the windscreen that is/was Brian's career and nothing more.

Don't sell yourself short Tommy. Brian's the vehicle, but you were the windshield. I and everyone here and those that have got lost all the way really appreciate all you've done for us as fans. I'm not sure too many people get an insight into the world of the artists they really love listening to. Brian made the music, but you my friend made the forum.

Here's to you Tommy bsetzer.com - Page 3 Beer bsetzer.com - Page 3 Grouphug

A cold beer is always waiting for you if you ever come to Australia. Good luck to you and your family for the future.

Regards,

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:59 pm

A cold beer is always waiting for you if you ever come to Australia. Good luck to you and your family for the future.

Regards,

René[/quote]

Hear that Tommy? Rene's shouting!!!! Let's take him up on it!!!

Thanks for the great stuff you did Tommy, you helped me out alot and hope for the best for you and your family!!

Thanks to all the rest of you guys on here as well, cause YOU make it what it is,
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 pm

Tommy, you are a class act! Your talents will definitely be missed by us all. Thank you for keeping the fans connected with Brian & the Cats (not The Cats) for so many years. I wish you & your family nothing but the very best in the future! Take care!
~nj
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:37 pm

A cold beer in Oz... Or a glass (a bottle ?) of french greatest wines here in french riviera.
Thanks for the really great job you have done on briansetzer.com
Be sure we'll miss you.
Back to top Go down
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:48 am

Hi Tommy
Great to hear from you!!!
Take Care Mate and all the best for the Future.
You deserve it!!
Carbon Cat UK
And thanks Rickabilly for understanding me
Take care guys Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:55 am

Tommy, you put in some great work over at the other place and it was most appreciated!!

Don't become a stranger around here!

All the best
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 am

Cheers guys, thanks very much.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:14 am

Tommy, we all respect your work & enthusiasm, you kept us up eve when there was nothing happening.

You rock! Always!

DonPepe
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:58 am

Tommy,

To everything in life there is a season. Thank you so much for sharing your talents, insights, and incredible sense of humor with all of us. Your hard work made Brian's music and talents REALLY come alive, and gave us fans a brief glimpse into the world of Brian Setzer. Your work personalized it for us, made it feel like we were a part of it. Not many people get a chance to be a part of something so wonderful, and we have been incredibly fortunate to have had you to do that for us.

Best wishes to you and yours, and glad to hear that you are still rattling around out there.

Take care,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:06 am

Talk about a shocker! Tommy, thank you for all you hard work with both BS.com and StrayCats.com. By far, you outdid anything I ever did with Planet Setzer back in 1998. My old web page was nothing compared to your hard work on BS.com! Thank you again for all the great updates on Brian's career.

All the best to ya !

Don't be a stranger here on the official, unofficial Brian Setzer message board.

Have A Gretsch Day !

Ross Crying or Very sad

Tommy Rocks !
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:10 am

I'm in agreement that this is a shocker. Nothing but love for you T, no matter what. You know that. I love you

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:33 am

Wow!What a shocker!
Knew something wasn't quite right but wasn't expecting this news about Tommy.
I'd just like to echo everyone else in thanking Tommy for all his great work on the site and his approachable manner.Wish you success in your next project Tommy.
Regards
Steve
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:23 am

Hey Tommy, nice to see you here!
Hmm I don't know what to write now that hasn't already been said.
I just also want to thank you for everything you did the last years.
Contact me if you ever make it to germany!

Webby (yep, also that nickname is powered by TommyM Wink )
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:48 am

I just wanted to add my thanks and appreciation as well for everything that you did (Tommy Maguire) in the world of Setzer with the BS.com website, fan forum, and music player. Like everyone else on here, I will always enjoy Brian's work, but all of the extra time and effort you put in really made it special. I can say that without your effort I would never had heard some of the rare live material, seen some of the official charts, or learned some of the anecdotes/stories about Brian's past, present, and future career. Nothing but the best wishes to you and your family going forward.

Capt. Jones

P.S. "A free ride on the Flying Dutchman for ye...

Next time we put into port!"

Ha! Ha! Ha!
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:02 am

Sad new, the boss of the rockinest site of the galaxy is gone , I hope is not due of the Paris incident ?
Hey Tommy what are the reasons for your departure, are you fired by the management ?

Thanks for all these years

Laurent
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Laurent,

I understand your curiosity over the circumstances over Tommy's departure, but in reading Tommy's post, it seems clear to me that what he has shared with us on this thread is his final words to the HDVDL on the matter. He has never struck me as being a person who discusses personal situations in a public setting. If you note all the kind words he offered about his experience with Brian, it is vintage Maguire: All class.

Please let the speculation end here. If you want to ask him privately, you may or may not get an answer. The answer most of us are getting is the same one Carbon Cat UK received. The "what" is important. The "why" might seem important, but it should really only matter to Brian and Tommy.

Discretion-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bsetzer.com
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: All things Setzer-
Jump to: