Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bsetzer.com

Go down 
+52
Setzerado
Babs
Bear85
cosbird
Pirate Paul
Sharky
FrenchyCat
brucie68
rubydoll5
scatcatcnut
Drew Sugar1
vic
ScottS
Andi
crazy mixed up kid
Guitarmaniac
Twenty Flight Rick
MEMPHISSUN
laurent327
Davy Jones
webelvis
rockabilly guy
WildCat
Rockabilly Ross
donpepe
JC
Pistol Pete
pony65k
Aussie_Sam
Rocky Mountain Cat
sidelake bob
Tommy Maguire
Carbon Cat UK
Cristo
tvthewiredturtle
enjay07
nietsk
matt
Le Hub'
Hot Rod Girl
Kiki
Kid Setzer
Scatman
kbilly
Pinkpiratekitty
gretschoholic
Dave
Rickabilly
Brett
Hepkitten
Amity
Spanishdavid
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

bsetzer.com - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Wise words rickabilly. Who run BS now? Question
Back to top Go down
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:47 pm

Yeh too right!!
We dont want to start questioning Tommy??
It is a personal thing to him,and he has always seemed a private type of guy.
I remember once when I asked him to put up some pics of his tattoos on an old thread
when he told me about dennis cockell (tattooist) and he didnt want to paste himself all over the forum.
So i think we gotta give Tommy a break,he's probably got a lot on his plate at the moment without us pestering him. silent silent silent
I'm sorry Tommy for putting up that email and I would never do anything to offend or upset you in any way at all.
You did a great job mate and you've got all our respect. Cool Cool Cool
Take Care Tommy
CC/UK
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:03 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Tommy,

To everything in life there is a season. Thank you so much for sharing your talents, insights, and incredible sense of humor with all of us. Your hard work made Brian's music and talents REALLY come alive, and gave us fans a brief glimpse into the world of Brian Setzer. Your work personalized it for us, made it feel like we were a part of it. Not many people get a chance to be a part of something so wonderful, and we have been incredibly fortunate to have had you to do that for us.

Best wishes to you and yours, and glad to hear that you are still rattling around out there.

Take care,
hrg

Ye this sums it up for me yip hit the nail smack bang
on the head Tommy BS.com will never be the same
without you sir take care
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Many thanks for your hard work Tommy!.

Keep rockin" my friend!.

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:41 pm

Job displacement can suck, even if it is voluntary, and Tommy I hope the next gig you get brings you even more glory and fulfillment than the last. As has been previously noted, your work will be missed. Good luck!

Twenty Flight Rick
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:47 pm

Yo, Tommy!

Sorry I'm late to the party. Just wanted to say thanks for putting in all the hard work. You know we all appreciate it.

Keep rockin', and CHEERS!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:56 am

Tommy,

Just got caught up on this thread, and I have to agree with everyone else - you did a tremendous amount of work on the site and it was much appreciated.

It may have been the music that brought us all to the other site, but it was you, Tommy, that we all got to "know." That doesn't have to change now. Even though you were closely associated with Brian and the other website, you have become a friend to many here, and I know that everyone feels that you are welcome and wanted as a member of this board and a dear friend, whether or not you are associated with the other website or not.

Don't stay away. Come join your friends.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:44 am

This is my first post ever here, some people may know me from the BS.com Forum, I'm Chris.

All I can say is: "Thank you so much Tommy for working that hard to give us fans the opportunity to be part of that cool community!"

As Webby said, if you ever come to Germany, or especially Bavaria, don't hesitate to contact me and we'll drink some (100) beers in Munich =) drunken

I'm a little drunk right now, just got home from the Oktoberfest Wink
I hope I wrote something that can be called English^^

Again, Cheers Tommy!!!

Greets from Munich
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:54 pm

Tommy - you have done an incredible job with the Brian Setzer website over the years and have made an extremely difficult job appear so very easy to us fans. Your input into the site, and time spent replying to fans on a day to day basis can only have been done by a true dedicated fan with the enthusiasm, desire and passion for the music that you love and a thorough understanding of what the people/the fans...US actually want. Its been such a joy for me that this website has been hosted by such an approachable dedicated fan and not just some cold corporate organisation.

You've been a gentleman & a friend & I wish you only the very best in all you do.

You have made SO many friends here Tommy, it would be nice if you could drop in on the HVL now and then and not lose touch.

a MASSIVE THANK YOU to you TOMMY M (keep in touch)

CMUK
Jason
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:29 pm

Again, I really appreciate all of these kind words. Thanks also for all of the emails I've received. I have so much to say, but I think I'll just let James Ingram say it for me. Love to you all.....

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:
Again, I really appreciate all of these kind words. Thanks also for all of the emails I've received. I have so much to say, but I think I'll just let James Ingram say it for me. Love to you all.....

Man.... I think somethings wrong with me, my eyes are leakin' water!

btw.. I resigned from my job at the beginning of summer and while I'm sure
not being able to yet find work plays on my emotions, I've been kind of reelin
myself from the irony of all the good memories colliding with all the difficult
sh*t that led me to realize the good times could not go on because if I kept
on doing was I was doing I would keep on getting what I was getting...
which was complete stress and frustration from people being two faced,
hypocrites constantly demanding more and not compensating for it.
When my children started wanting to know why "daddy seems so sad all the
time", I knew I had to reroute my life.

All to say I am commisurating with you in the shared aspect of moving forward
through the insecurity of the future and letting go of whats now past with grace
and dignity. My heart goes with you, for you AND your family.... Good things
are indeed just around the corner brother.

prayers and blessings-Tv
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:45 pm

You're the best, Tommy. Cheers from Bristol, UK (for the moment).
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:44 pm

Geeze T, now you've gone and got me all teary.. You know that I think you ARE an awesome guy (see, present tense Razz ).. Much love to you, K, D, B and S Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:29 pm

Now c'mon you guys.....I was just trying to bring a bit of humor (humour for our UK pals) to the situation. Although....that is a lovely song and the sentiment is sort of spot on.

Back to the Phillies game....

-T

ps- Where the heck is Budgie?
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:36 pm

Ohhh, I thought you were being all sentimental Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:
Now c'mon you guys.....I was just trying to bring a bit of humor (humour for our UK pals) to the situation. Although....that is a lovely song and the sentiment is sort of spot on.

-T

Go Angels! pale
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 5:05 am

I don't remember having read a post from Budgie since a long time.
Last time, it was probably on the other forum. Cool
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:02 am

Budgie....

Hey, is HE running the "official site" now? Maybe that's why we haven't heard from him in awhile.

Or, did he get squished in his PT Cruiser again?

Stirring the puddin',
hrg
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 1:34 pm

Budgie probably lost the link here

I heard he isnt very internet savvy

Wink
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 1:48 pm

ScottS wrote:
Budgie probably lost the link here

I heard he isnt very internet savvy

Wink

He's been drinking very heavy since his team isnt doing well. I think
he joined AAA its so bad. What a Face He's even got 200 mile towing. drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:

Dodgers on Thursday. Yeah baby!

Hey Tommy glad to see you.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:

I believe he's frolicking in the Autumn mist in a land called Honalee...

Little Jackie Paper-billy
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:49 pm

Tommy-
I have to say I was wondering about the James Ingram link. But didn't want to respond with some sort of "sassy" reply. I listened to the song, twice, and all I could get out of it was my first big breakup with my first "true love" lol! from high school. I must've listened to that song 100 times. The problem was....he was an @$$&*!#. You can't fix that.
So if there was a connection between you & your situation it was lost on me & my trip down memory lane.

While we're, TV's updated us on his situation, Tommy's said his peace. I too have a confession.

I lost my job on Sept. 2 (about a month ago). Victim of downsizing. When my co-workers would come to me with career problems and offers from other companies not knowing what to do, I always told them to "look out for #1---yourself. " And not to build tomorrow on the promises of today. (that's from a poem somewhere). And here I am.....40...divorced...with two amazing boys. And I'm scared shitless. affraid
And if anyone at my old company is on this board....bully for you.

Like TV said though, my work was starting to affect my family life. My kids would ask me if "Mr. X" called & yelled at me today. That's the thing with the job I had...I worked with people who could call up and say whatever the heck they wanted to about me (not about the company I worked for.....about ME) and I was told to deal with it by "kissing their asses."

Oddly, I drink a lot less now. drunken Unfortunately the insomina is just as bad. But I have a calming sense that everything is going to be ok. I don't know how, when or where. I have a family vacation planned to Disneyland at the end of the month! I have no money!!! But I'm going. jocolor

I get more time with my kids, more time to volunteer at church & school.

TV & Tommy---life has a funny was of showing it's hand. Everything works out in one way or another. You don't always see it coming. But it will. Keep the faith. I'll pass on the one thing boyfriend #1 taught me...never date a liar, cheater, with a temper. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:30 pm

To all you guys and gals out of work a scared. I was there as well about 10 years ago. It was a tough time but it does work out. I swore I wouldn't be beholden to some idiot again, that I'd become the head idiot instead. I retrained myself, worked harder than I thought possible, and now I'm the boss. I swore to myself in the beginning I'd never be that A-hole that we've all worked for. I'm really good to the employees and have yet to have one single problem with them. Hire good people and treat them nice, and they'll help you build your business. Nothing motivates like fear.

So hang in there, if I could work my way out of a big hole, I'm sure all you folks could...I can't even spell as well as a 5th grader for goodness sake.
Back to top Go down
Drew Sugar1

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:27 pm

Shocked

It's been awhile since I've posted here. I am shocked and saddened that Tommy Maguire will no longer be running the Brian Setzer website. I have been visiting since its inception way back when(I was 15 at the time!) Tommy, you were the "voice" or "connection" that allowed us fans to get a glimpse into the world that is Brian Setzer. For that we are truly grateful. I can't think of too many artists' websites that send you cool memoribilia or guitar picks when you've answered the correct trivia question on a message board. This, of course, is just one of the many things Tommy has done over the years. It would take up pages if I were to list all the things.

I will certainly be going through BS.com withdrawals, as I know the website won't be updated as often as it was.

Best wishes to you Tommy, and thanks.

Andy
Mesa, AZ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bsetzer.com
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: All things Setzer-