Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bsetzer.com

Go down 
+52
Setzerado
Babs
Bear85
cosbird
Pirate Paul
Sharky
FrenchyCat
brucie68
rubydoll5
scatcatcnut
Drew Sugar1
vic
ScottS
Andi
crazy mixed up kid
Guitarmaniac
Twenty Flight Rick
MEMPHISSUN
laurent327
Davy Jones
webelvis
rockabilly guy
WildCat
Rockabilly Ross
donpepe
JC
Pistol Pete
pony65k
Aussie_Sam
Rocky Mountain Cat
sidelake bob
Tommy Maguire
Carbon Cat UK
Cristo
tvthewiredturtle
enjay07
nietsk
matt
Le Hub'
Hot Rod Girl
Kiki
Kid Setzer
Scatman
kbilly
Pinkpiratekitty
gretschoholic
Dave
Rickabilly
Brett
Hepkitten
Amity
Spanishdavid
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

bsetzer.com - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:02 am

Just wanted to echo what everyone else has said re the work Tommy did - plus whenever I emailed a query always got incredibly quick response. I find I don't even visit the official website very often now as it seems to have lost its soul minus the forum.

Hopefully Tommy will become a regular contributor on this site - as long as we don't all bombard him with questions that he shouldn't have to answer etc.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:23 am

scatcatcnut wrote:
J
Hopefully Tommy will become a regular contributor on this site - as long as we don't all bombard him with questions that he shouldn't have to answer etc.

Here! Here! (or is it Hear! Hear! ??)
cheers
hrg
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:41 am

Hey folks. I should check in here more often. Your posts have done wonders for my ego. Hahaha! I'm sure that the good people running Brian's and the Cats' sites will keep you posted and tuned in on anything coming up so, fear not. You're in very good hands.

Thanks again for the kindness.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:34 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:
I'm sure that the good people running Brian's and the Cats' sites will keep you posted and tuned in on anything coming up so, fear not. You're in very good hands.

Probably, but you kept us updated even when nothing was happening. A new photo, a Q&A, a guitar chart, anything. Now it's been nearly a week since the last update. You know, Tommy, you SPOILED us with your great work! Very Happy Wink

All the best.

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:44 pm

Tommy, you really did a good job with the sites and you put a lot of work into it. I also very much enjoyed the BS.com forum and clearly understand the efforts it required from you. We don't have the traffic on the board you guys did from the official site, but we have a great bunch of fans that come here.

I know for many years you have always been a really big fan and I think you can agree, at the end of the day, it's all about the music.

I hope things work out and remember you always have a place here.

cheers
ScottS
Back to top Go down
rubydoll5
Admin
rubydoll5

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Quote :
I hope things work out and remember you always have a place here.

Hey T,

Just what Scott said, you always have a home at the HDVDL!

~Mandi
Back to top Go down
http://www.hoodoovoodoolounge.com
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:20 pm

Try not to worry too much enjay07
I read your story and some of the things that have happened to you are similar to whats happened to me. I had to give up my job because of my health.But I'm a different person now i'm out off that sh*t hole. I'm still not well but have spent more quality time with my kids and wife,and you always find a way through with the money thing. Hold tight mate,things will sort themselve's out in time.
Regards
CC/UK
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:49 pm

The official site is really starting to look "different" now. Wow, are you gonna be missed, Tommy!!!
Back to top Go down
brucie68

brucie68

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Having been offline for a few weeks i have just discovered this news regarding Tommy.
I am also shocked at these developments on the official site.
I will certainly miss Tommy's work he does on our behalf - briansetzer.com was the best website online with his setlists-awesome photography and updates and all things Setzer/Cats.

Keep Rockin' Tommy
Best wishes
B Wink
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:45 pm

I've been offline for a while too, and didn't know these bad news. As everyone here, I can say Tommy .... very good work ..... I'll miss him....don't understand....

I expected this tour since 2004 and I got mad when I read it could be the last one. I followed the tour everyday on bs.com and I went to see the Cats in Paris. The show didn't end like it had to and I remember my sadness. The belgian gig 4 days later was so perfect!! Then Jim broke his arm, the tour ended earlier. Weird impression followed since that day and now the man I consider as the 4th cat says goodbye.... Well I won't forget this strange year...

Anyway, mister Tommy, you're a gentleman! Thanks a lot!! cheers

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:08 pm

I think we are a lot (in Europe may be more than in other places where the farewell tour have not happen yet) to have some "twilight" feelings... A kind of sadness/emptyness. Anyway, it's really the end of something.
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:42 am

I think you're right, ChooChoo. However this came about, someone needs to do all they can to reverse it and reinstate Tommy so that the good relationship he has built with Brian's fans can be restored and maintained.
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:07 am

Wow. Just, wow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerrylinger.com
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:20 am

I agree with Choochoo. Since the end of the tour, there's been no info from the Cats' HQ, and it's just no fun visiting BS.com anymore. Lee's last tour blog entry was on Aug 22, and it doesn't seem likely that he'll update it now, more than a month after the tour ended... Suspect

It's almost like the "dark ages", before the internet... Like I said in an earlier post, we've been spoiled rotten by the good work of Mr Maguire.

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:35 am

If anybody out there is listening? It's time to bring Tommy back! Don't know what happened, don't care what happened - just kiss and makeup and bring Tommy back!!!
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:39 am

I have no clue why Tommy was fired, but if I was him, in the event that someone in charge of the website would call me to get me back, I´d sure tell them exactly what Jerry Lee Lewis said at the airport when leaving England after that wild night on the stage back in 1956...
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:58 am

I'm sure Tommy appreciates the support, but I think this subject needs to be put to rest for awhile. If you want to sustain a site for fans of Brian Setzer, or as may be the case in light of recent developments, "friends of fans of Brian Setzer," then this is as good a place as any to hang your hat.

FFBS-billy

"Time wounds all heels." - Nick Lowe
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:10 am

Rickabilly wrote:
I'm sure Tommy appreciates the support, but I think this subject needs to be put to rest for awhile. If you want to sustain a site for fans of Brian Setzer, or as may be the case in light of recent developments, "friends of fans of Brian Setzer," then this is as good a place as any to hang your hat.

FFBS-billy

"Time wounds all heels." - Nick Lowe

You're right, of course, but I think what everyone is saying - at least what I was trying to say - is that Tommy was greatly appreciated and we all wish him well and wish we could just turn back the clock. The HDVDL is absolutely a great place to be, but we all hate to see what has happened to Tommy. That's all...
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:34 am

The only thing we know on this thread is that Tommy no longer works on the Brian Setzer or Stray Cats websites. I understand that the concern is well-intentioned, but I don't think speculation about firings, reinstating, or "what has happened to Tommy" has any place on this forum.

Or are you just concerned that he's listening to The Monkees this morning?

What Am I Doing Hanging Round-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:37 am

Wait. I just watched the James Ingram clip again. Now I'm officially worried. Very Happy

Not Helping-billy
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:40 am

Rickabilly wrote:
The only thing we know on this thread is that Tommy no longer works on the Brian Setzer or Stray Cats websites. I understand that the concern is well-intentioned, but I don't think speculation about firings, reinstating, or "what has happened to Tommy" has any place on this forum.

Or are you just concerned that he's listening to The Monkees this morning?

What Am I Doing Hanging Round-a-billy

I wasn't speculating about what happened...I think I said I didn't care what happened. It is an established fact that Tommy is no longer there, so that's why I said "reinstated."
Back to top Go down
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Something definately needs doing to the Brian Setzer website.
Sorry to say this :but it,s gone "CRAP"
I am sorry also to say this ,but I find it absolutely terrible that no-one can give any news or even a word to the fan's on the stray cats site. Ive just checked SJPhantoms website and he's finally updated it after nearly a month,but has given nothing away about whether the cats will re-schedule the UK gigs at a later date.
To be quite honest I am loosing faith after 30 years of being a dedicated fan to these guys. As I said before ACCIDENTS HAPPEN!! but they've treat us like mushrooms (kept us in the dark that is)Not a word from Brian,I know he owes us nothing but at the end of the day,we are the people that put the cats were they are today,and the UK played a big part in that.
I know I am ranting on a bit and Rickabilly will probably tell me off for going on,but at this moment in time I feel let down by the Stray Cats in general (probably me just on a downer)maybe I'll go and take some more of my medication (sertraline,diazapam,etc,etc) Mad Mad Mad Sad Sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Sad Sad Mad Mad Razz clown drunken drunken bom Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:35 pm

I miss the daily website updates too. Crying or Very sad

Tommy is greatly missed but none of us know the 'real' reason for why he is not working on the website anymore but that is no-ones business but those involved.

I keep reading that Tommy was 'fired' but is this the case? There could be a number of reasons for "why" but whats happened has happened, and as sad as it is, things need to move on in the world of Setzer - afterall, thats the reason why we're all here isnt it? scratch Neutral

Now that Tommy is no longer running the Setzer & Stray Cats websites - I think he should definetly be the "on tour" photographer for any BSO, Stray Cats, Setzer Trio/Nashvillian shows!!! Idea

Cheers PP pirat

We all miss ya T! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:35 pm

Well said, Paul!

By the way, in 9 pages and 122 posts, only one person used the word "fired," and it wasn't Tommy. (And it wasn't Kiki, either.) So if you keep reading it over and over, Paul, it probably wasn't here.

Let's keep it that way.

CCUK - I take your point about the frustration in not knowing about the canceled UK dates. But I think until Jim's fully recovered and his arm has been tested on the drums, it would be irresponsible to reschedule the UK dates just yet. Keep the faith! I can't imagine they won't make them up sometime.

Then again, there's a lot of stuff I didn't see coming.

I'm with Kiki! Can we just go back in time, say, mid-July or so?

Ack! I just posted here again-a-billy
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:46 am

I feel a bit like carbon cat to be honest -it seems like there is no acknowledgment etc and likewise after buying every single cats/setzer relaeted official product etc etc for thirty odd years it just feels a bit lacking in respect.

I should correct myself there - I didn't buy the second Xmas album and won't be buying the new one cos I can't stand Xmas songs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bsetzer.com   bsetzer.com - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bsetzer.com
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: All things Setzer-
Jump to: