Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

One Good Thing - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:08 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Totally off topic, but Andi, I could use your help...

As the Godmother of the San Diego Swing Scene, could you recommend any dance dvd's? Not cheesy, but advanced swing and lindy. There's not too many places around here to learn, and the hubby and I need some new moves.

Good thing today: a clean house!

Thanks!
hrg

I'd be happy to send you ours (DVDs) for free. My wife thought it would be fun to learn how to swing dance and I had a little fit once I saw the couple instructing it. I dont dig twinkles in my swing.
lemme know. afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:31 am

It's not swing, but I learned to dance super cool rockabilly style from this dvd.
http://www.jivejivejive.co.uk/dvd.HTML

with a little more practise and a good partner you can dance like the cool couple here
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:38 am

Guitarmaniac wrote:
It's not swing, but I learned to dance super cool rockabilly style from this dvd.
http://www.jivejivejive.co.uk/dvd.HTML

with a little more practise and a good partner you can dance like the cool couple here

Pretteh kool 'n Mahnleh!! I love eeeht! I'll give 'er a spin tonite..Magikal!
One Good Thing - Page 6 Myers_father_01
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:08 am

Mom's birthday today! (Hi Mom Smile) I got her a DVD she's really been wanting, and I'm taking her out to dinner tomorrow night, but she decided for her birthday she really wants 8x10 prints of the Lonely Avenue photos. So tomorrow I'm gonna go have a few prints made. Having your Mom as a huge fan is One Pretty Darn Cool Thing.

sunny

(BTW, HRG, the vids from one of our local instructors was suggested: http://www.2plyswing.com/ - click on "Merchandise." Hope this helps!)
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:50 pm

One good thing about today is that I love how it's a winter's day here in Queensland and yet I'm experiencing a lovely 24 degrees celcius (75 F).. No wonder we are known as the sunshine state! sunny

Another good thing is that I went for a jog with my dog this morning - time to lose all the weight I gained over winter Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:05 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
One good thing about today is that I love how it's a winter's day here in Queensland and yet I'm experiencing a lovely 24 degrees celcius (75 F).. No wonder we are known as the sunshine state! sunny

Another good thing is that I went for a jog with my dog this morning - time to lose all the weight I gained over winter Basketball

wild! winter in summer and summer in winter, soccer called football.
cup of tea instead of coffee.. who started all this! Smile

ps. California is the Sunshine State, even though Florida thinks they are. my air condition bill this month is $500 aaah!!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:09 pm

I found a good way to cool myself down quickly when I used to play soccer - soak a few tea towels in cold water and then leave them in the freezer over night. Then when you want a quick cooling down take a tea towel out of the freezer and put it around your neck - worked for me on really hot days! When I wanted to take these frozen tea towels to sport with me I would put them in the esky (ice box in american?) And by the time I wanted them at half time they would have melted just enough so they weren't rigid and I could place them around my neck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
I found a good way to cool myself down quickly when I used to play soccer - soak a few tea towels in cold water and then leave them in the freezer over night. Then when you want a quick cooling down take a tea towel out of the freezer and put it around your neck - worked for me on really hot days! When I wanted to take these frozen tea towels to sport with me I would put them in the esky (ice box in american?) And by the time I wanted them at half time they would have melted just enough so they weren't rigid and I could place them around my neck.

funny, i do that too with my feather boa just before I hit the stripper pole pete just installed in the cafe' clown
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:33 am

I know a lot of people have mentioned this before, but today one of my Good Things is this place. Some of the kindest, sweetest, most interesting, most intelligent and funniest people I know are here. I am so glad I found the Setzer community, that I have gotten to know and am getting to know so many of you. Thank you, all of you, for being my friends.

(the fact that the scale shows 5 less lbs this morning than it did last time I looked - that rocks too!)

sunny
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:39 am

Andi wrote:
I know a lot of people have mentioned this before, but today one of my Good Things is this place. Some of the kindest, sweetest, most interesting, most intelligent and funniest people I know are here. I am so glad I found the Setzer community, that I have gotten to know and am getting to know so many of you. Thank you, all of you, for being my friends.

(the fact that the scale shows 5 less lbs this morning than it did last time I looked - that rocks too!)

sunny

Can I use your scale, my scale is lying to me for some reason. I know its not the pizza and beer last night!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:22 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Totally off topic, but Andi, I could use your help...

As the Godmother of the San Diego Swing Scene, could you recommend any dance dvd's? Not cheesy, but advanced swing and lindy. There's not too many places around here to learn, and the hubby and I need some new moves.

Good thing today: a clean house!

Thanks!
hrg

I'd be happy to send you ours (DVDs) for free. My wife thought it would be fun to learn how to swing dance and I had a little fit once I saw the couple instructing it. I dont dig twinkles in my swing.
lemme know. afro

Hey TV,
Thanks for the offer, I'll PM ya later. Yeah, the "twinkles" in the swing, what's up with that? Most of the DVD's I've rented in the past have been well, let's just say, interesting to say the least. It's enough to make the manliest man shake in his boots. Shocked Those usually get the fast forward treatment, and if we see a cool move, we'll learn it and then toss the DVD back to the rental place. FYI, it's pretty easy to take the basic swing step and change it into the jitterbug...takes the twinkle right out of it!

Take care,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:23 am

Hey Guitarmaniac!!!!

Those videos are exactly what I was looking for! They show the basic "lindy hop" move...and then we can build on that as we want. Too cool.

Thanks so much for posting those!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:28 am

And to bring it back to topic:

One good thing today: The in-laws went home!

Yay!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Hey everyone.....I am home and that is an awesome thing!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Amity wrote:
Hey everyone.....I am home and that is an awesome thing!!
..welcome.home! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Today's One Good Thing... a dream I had while napping in the middle of the day (a luxury in and of itself!)

Untold miles of sunny, flat, nondescript scrub and farmland stretched out in every direction to the horizon, speeding past the windows of the car as it made its way down the deserted black and yellow ribbon of asphalt that disappeared into the shimmering distance. She couldn't even count how many times she'd driven roads just like this one. She didn't see it, but rather experienced it: the scenery in her eyes, the steering wheel in her hands, the unmistakable guitar and growl in her ears. Regardless of the time, the company or lackthereof, even the country - to her there was something basic, innate, sublime about The Road.

Her ears focused on the perfect, driving bassline of the song coming from the speakers as she looked out from within the confines of the car to the sky. It was the sky that always gave her pause. The impossibly wide, brilliant blue sky, punctuated with dramatic fair-weather cumulus and wispy cirrus clouds as far as the eye could see. She could always be dazzled into spending countless lost minutes standing alone and still beneath it, watching it change imperceptibly, always the same and never the same. It made her feel unbounded. Awed. Grateful.

"What?" he asked with a quiet smile, startling her from her reverie. She turned to her companion in the passenger seat, and nearly did a double take as her mind quickly added him to the mental inventory of joys she was experiencing at that moment. They'd thoroughly enjoyed trading stories for the better part of the drive thus far, but in the last couple minutes they'd fallen into a comfortable silence, both digging on the music. "What what?" she chuckled.

He tilted his head towards her slightly. "You appeared to be grinning for no reason."

Her grin widened and she was quiet for a split second, then she pulled the wheel hard to the right and abruptly stopped the car on the side of the road. A red-tailed hawk perched on a nearby fencepost burst upwards into the sky, the sudden spread of its wings catching their eyes, causing them to follow the bird's ascent. Their eyes met again. "Get out for a sec," she smiled as she cranked the volume and hopped out of the car. He looked quizzical but complied. She hurried around to his side of the car and grabbed his hand, leading him to the yellow stripe in the middle of the empty road.

As she took a few paces down the dividing line, she threw her arms skyward and laughed. The warm, dry wind caught her hair. "Look around," she said over her shoulder to him. "The road, the sky, the music... you and me... this is absolutely perfect!" she cried out. Her unbridled joy was infectious. He caught her around the waist, spun her into his arms and kissed her with a smile. She put her arms tight around him. "Thank you," she whispered.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:02 pm

uhhh.uh..that was cooool.
One Good Thing - Page 6 80143-large
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks Tavo! It was more cinematic when I dreamt it...

Today's Good Thing - stumbling on a blog post (while legitimately working) that spoke volumes to me.

http://whitehottruth.com/inspiration-spirituality-articles/the-divinity-of-the-suck-factor/

The downs are what make the ups so dang good!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Andi wrote:
Thanks Tavo! It was more cinematic when I dreamt it...

Today's Good Thing - stumbling on a blog post (while legitimately working) that spoke volumes to me.

http://whitehottruth.com/inspiration-spirituality-articles/the-divinity-of-the-suck-factor/

The downs are what make the ups so dang good!

yep..everybody wants to live on the mountain top but the water flows in the valley
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:44 am

Getting paid to learn. This is exactly why I took this job.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:11 am

I found my John Fogerty DVD today after weeks of beeing Fogerty DVDless^^
Man, I love CCR!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Just turn my guitar student onto the joy of a Gretsch Brian Setzer model guitar instead of his stratocaster! Now to find him a used one
from 99' the best necks ever on an SSU.
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:38 pm

Got me a new set o' wheels today! cheers WOOHOO!

One Good Thing - Page 6 Ad722img3large
One Good Thing - Page 6 Ad722img4large
One Good Thing - Page 6 Ad722img7large

No more moochin' rides from my buddies! I'm sure they were getting sick of it.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:59 am

I just got a call from Surfdog, asking me what color Hot Rod I'd like. All colors were available except purple.

After giving it some thought, I chose Regal Blue.

I am beside myself with excitement.

sunny

Last edited by Andi on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : royal, regal... cut me some slack, I'm 'cited!)
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Tough choice but a good pick Andi...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next