Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

One Good Thing - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:58 am

It's ALL good!! Hope ya'll are having a fantastic weekend.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:14 am

< vent on >

Nearly every item I own left Australia on a boat, USA-bound, on the 28th of April. In June I was informed it had arrived... in the UK. What?! Apparently that's the normal route, but nobody bothered to tell me. I was told my shipment would leave the UK on July 22. Cool, should be here anytime. Right? Wrong.

Just got an email informing me that it would be leaving the UK in another 2-3 weeks.

Siiiiiiigh.....

< /vent off >

Today's Good Thing: don't need to worry about finding a place to put everything I own for a while yet!

"Always look on the bright side of life..."

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Well, the English try to take everything from us Australians Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Remembered to floss today! Want those pearly whites to last forever, ya know! Plus it's supposed to be good for your heart. Seriously! I'm not making this stuff up! You can get infections in your gums and it gets into your bloodstream and BAM takes a whack at your heart!
Those dentists always knew what they were talking about!

One good thing today? I had the day off!! woo hoo!!

Yesterday's good thing: "Mad Men" season premire! Ooh yeah, baby! "Twin Peaks" man, veeeerry "Twin Peaks"-y!!!, Dick!!
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:03 am

What could be better about today than celebrating my little girls 9th birthday by getting her ears pierced and Brian releasing two songs?

I am having a very good day.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:17 am

Now that I've actually heard two songs from Lonely Avenue, I am even more honored to have my work in any way shape or form associated with this record. The title track especially - this is the most Orchestral thing the Brian Setzer Orchestra has ever done, and I daresay Le Setz has written A Standard, in the full go-down-in-history-American-songbook kinda way.

I'm gonna get totally lost on Lonely Avenue today.

That is a Very Good Thing.

Thank you, Brian, from the bottom of my heart.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 am

One good thing: Today's the day I got married to my wonderful hubby...14 years ago!

I love you
hrg
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Hey! Happy Anniversary, Hot Rod Girl! Best wishes to you and your guy.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Today I'm flying to Sydney!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:39 pm

I just got a bright blue guitar with a funny scribble on the pickguard....

And I heard Mr Surfer Goes Jazzin', Mr Jazzer Goes Surfin', Kiss Me Deadly, King of the Whole Damn World....

This record is bloody brilliant.

More soon.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:16 am

Bear85 wrote:
Hey! Happy Anniversary, Hot Rod Girl! Best wishes to you and your guy.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Awww, happy anniversary HRG! Nice to see folks who can make it stick Smile

My One - er, Two - Good Things today!

One Good Thing - Page 8 Gretsches
My Boys.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:40 am

Go long enough without something and you'll want it real bad. Bad enough that when you finally get it, you overdose on it.

Sourdough bread.

I went 3.5 years without it (just can't get it where I was in Australia). Since I've been back in the US, I don't think I've gone a single day without at least one slice of sourdough bread. I haven't overdosed yet, but I imagine it'll eventually happen.

But for today, sourdough bread is my One Good Thing.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Andi wrote:
Go long enough without something and you'll want it real bad. Bad enough that when you finally get it, you overdose on it.

Sourdough bread.

I went 3.5 years without it (just can't get it where I was in Australia). Since I've been back in the US, I don't think I've gone a single day without at least one slice of sourdough bread. I haven't overdosed yet, but I imagine it'll eventually happen.

But for today, sourdough bread is my One Good Thing.

Sourdough?? The Bakers Delight chain sells it as well as atisan bakers!!!
BTW, do I remember you getting the pick guard from your other Gretsch signed by Brian at the gig we went to together in Melbourne?
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:04 pm

Maybe in your neck o' the woods but not in little ol' Bundaberg!! I asked for it at every bakery in town and they either looked at me like I had two heads or said it was too hard to make and there wasn't enough demand. Razz

I did not get the pickguard signed - I took it with me just in case, and I showed it to him when mentioned that I had bought a Setz sig guitar, but the only thing I got signed in Melbourne was the 1998 photo of the two of us together. You can kinda see in the pic above that the SSLVO has the standard Setzer pickguard on it - with the "stock" sig on it.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:53 am

Great news arrived today.

A good friend in Finland had "something" removed from his shoulder a couple of weeks ago and we all (including his wife and kids) have been anxiously waiting for the results of the tests.

I just found out that "something" is nothing and he will be just fine. What a relief!

Keep on rockin', J!
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:34 pm

RMC, thank you so much for sharing your good news with us!

I love this thread!!

My One Good Thing for the day - I finally bought new jeans today.

And they're AWESOME! sunny
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:31 am

My good thing for this weekend:
yesterday i met some new friends. They`re loving riding a bike, loving Rockabilly and B. Setzer, and we met just by accident.

Nice sunday everybody
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:18 pm

One bad thing today: Mercury Marine is leaving town.

One very good thing today: The hubby doesn't work there...

Life in this little ol' town just got very interesting!
hrg
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:44 pm

HRG: Isn't it funny how such a thing can impact your world so much? Have you ever heard of Duncan Aviation? It's one of several aviation companies in my area that service/build (I believe) corporate & private jets. Earliler this year they went through some major changes and I was amazed at the number of people I knew who were affected by those changes.
Also big? Our city has played host to our State Fair for (I believe) over 100 years now. And this is the last year. It's moving to a smaller, more centralized location in the state. What's funny is everyone seems to have an opinion about our city losing the money generated from this 10-day annual event, but not enough people took the time to stand up and fight for it. Now it's a done deal. It makes me ill.

My one really good thing yesterday? I played by my rules yesterday. Spent the day on my schedule, my terms....completely and utterly selfishly. Catered to no one. Dictated by not one outside influence.

My really good thing today: retail therapy. Still less expensive than the real kind.

Feeling very small fishy in a giant ocean.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:09 am

my delicios ice-cream now... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:16 pm

I'm getting behind in my own favorite thread!

Yesteday's Good Thing was having a (relatively loud) disagreement with my boss, standing my ground, getting him to compromise with me on some major points, and when it was over having him tell me he appreciated the fact that I dug in my heels. He's started calling me "kiddo" on occasion, a sure sign that he's fond of me - and he actually called me that after the argument! I really do like my job and the people I work with. I never thought I'd be this bloody happy to be doing the 9 to 5 thing.

Today's Good Thing - this permanent grin on my face. Every once in a while someone says something and it just gets wider. Love it.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:36 am

Band practise today with my band The Spearmints.
We'll try to record something today =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:25 am

I cleaned up my every little corner of my room last weekend, and found a Poster of "Casablance" of that I didn't even know I owned it! Immediately put it on the wall!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 pm

So far this week my newest friend at work has gotten engaged, very happy for her. My cubicle buddy found out she's pregnant, possibly with twins. She's been in a comatose shock kind of state since she found out. She should know for certain next week.
I've been invited to a BBQ next Sunday (adults only-no kids) as an ice-breaker kinda thing for group leaders for this church thing. "Spouses welcome." I ain't got a spouse. Or a significant other at this point. HATE going to things like this. Just all I can do to make myself go. Who knows maybe Mr. Right could be there? What's the worst that could happen? Eat a hot dog, drink a beer, say "hi" to some folks & leave. Sounds harmless. I'm the "divorcee'" so you KNOW what that makes me!

Good thing that happened to me today? Hugs from both boys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next