Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

One Good Thing - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 pm

I will be performing in the morning at the University of Minnesota men's basketball game during the halftime show as the DQ Curl (cone) in a mascot game.

I actually get to represent the whole damn company.

Sure hope I know how to dribble a ball.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:18 pm

My brother got a baritone saxophone from the Bigband today, now he's eagerly practicing. While I'm writing this I hear him do "Rock this town" 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:09 pm

My boss gave me a 'present' I suppose you could call it.

He is one of the board members for our region for Dairy Queen, and with that, he gets certain opportunities passed on to him. This time, he needed to find someone who would be willing to dress up as Curly the DQ cone and go to the Golden Gopher Mens Basketball game and play in a mascot game at halftime.

Well, he gave me the suit, and, I will just let the videos speak for themselves.

First video, shot from someone in the crowd. Start at about the 2:20 point for my performance.

Next, the Big Ten Network had this to say after the performance.

Finally, my world debut on sportscenter. Don't blink, you might miss my 1/15th second of fame.

We had to drive over 2.5 hours round trip for the normal 40 minute round trip because of the severe blizzard conditions in Minnesota. BUT, fame comes with a price.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:34 pm

Got home from doing some Christmas shopping today and in the Letterbox was my copy of "It's Gonna Rock Cause That's What I Do"

Now that is a seriously good thing!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:30 am

Aussie Sam AND Rev Horton Heat in 3 days!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:59 am

Hey JK,
Niiiiiice hook shot. You had an unfair advantage with that costume, but you made up for it with sheer skill. Cool

Looks like it was worth the drive.

Merry Christmas rendeer
hrg
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:41 am

JC wrote:
Got home from doing some Christmas shopping today and in the Letterbox was my copy of "It's Gonna Rock Cause That's What I Do"

Now that is a seriously good thing!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

I showed up to work yesterday and a coworker had left me a copy of It's Gonna Rock and Christmas Comes Alive!! Merry Freakin' Setzmas!!!!!

sunny sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:39 am

We're booked for another Gig in England. On Sunday 30th of January, we're playing at the "Bull's Head" London /Barnes.That Thing looks pretty cool!
http://www.thebullshead.com/Index.html
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:48 pm

My good thing

One Good Thing - Page 35 Baby_210

-BK
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: new brain   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:55 am

got a parcel at local customs office from So. Ca..
Santa is a good guy santa

yiehaw

@johnnykool327:
amazing pic.
Hope your wife and child is fine. All the best!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:05 am

Awwww, congrats BK.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Great stuff Brian!!

Well.......

Just got back to Adelaide after our Melbourne trip to see the Rev Horton Heat and catch up with Aussie Sam.
What a concert!! And to be smack bang in front of him on the barricade was the best, not to mention when I asked for a pick he reached over to shake my hand and slipped me a pick.
Seeing Sam and his beautiful family again was great....not to mention the feast and beers he put on as well!!!
Pony65 left yesterday for the States to see the BSO and catch up with a few of the forum members.

Thanks guys for being a part of my life!! Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down
MJ

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Johnny Kool- CONGRATS!!!
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:31 pm

I am in. Completely in, with all my heart and soul.
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Thanks Minnesota   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:42 am

for showing up at the WHISKEY BIZNESS gig last night. How coincedental was that?!
Back to top Go down
The Squirrel

The Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Had a 'dry' news eve party for a friend that has recently kicked the bottle and really didn't have any place to go that wasn't gonna have him neck deep in stuff he didn't need to be around right now. It was just me, the wife, the kids and him with his girlfriend and we enjoyed a nice quiet evening.

Other good things going on is it looks like a long dormant music project has picked back up and may be in full swing here in a couple of months with a full band. Also moving into a home that better suits my families needs at the end of this month. Finally, my oldest daughter got a car and me, my dad and brother are fixing it up where it needs it.

Lots of good going on.
Back to top Go down
The Squirrel

The Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:37 pm

johnnykool327 wrote:
My good thing

One Good Thing - Page 35 Baby_210

-BK
Very cool! It wasn't that long ago (two years actually) that I was bringing home images like that. The boy is now a year and a half and is already hell on wheels. Enjoy it, man! Kids are the greatest. All three of my little rats are just a blast.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:48 pm

2 visits with the Pilats this holiday! Spent new years eve with them and had
burgers for breakfast today ( they needed to try In and Out hamburgers, a so cal special)
One Good Thing - Page 35 165787_1484297000114_1614563026_1078684_7650280_n

here's beauty and the beast or actually beast and the beauty
One Good Thing - Page 35 168141_1483496380099_1614563026_1076508_461333_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:29 pm

You beat me to the punch Tavo!!

Definitely the highlight of our So Cal holiday was meeting you and your incredible family including Momo and Tiki, and catching up with Andi and John. There are two really good reasons to move to California right there, but someone has to look after Pete and try to keep him on the straight and narrow ;-)

I hope we get a chance to do it all again, but we won't be basing our trip around anymore concerts, LOL!!!

Thank you all for your friendship and for the memories, you're all very special people.

Big Aussie hug for you all (manly chest bump for you Tavo) from the two of us.

René and Anura

PS Beast and the Beauty my a$$ ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 pm

As per usual my camera's flash failed when it was most important... but we had a great time nonetheless!!! That was the One Good Thing to come out of our Setzerless weekend. It was a great thing. Glad we got to hang out with you guys, safe travels home!!

One Good Thing - Page 35 DSC_5141
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:09 pm

I get to meet Vickers from the forum tonight, he's stopping by..just pulled up to the house actually!!
Then Geoff Firebaugh is here on tuesday!!
who's next!! this is fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:02 pm

I'll be out there soon. I wann hear how those P90s sound in an SSLVO.. Plus we need to rock some tunes!
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 am

I'd like to make it out to somewhere So Cal someday. Unfortunately, I think the closest I will get any time soon is Vegas, and only because my wife wants to get me out there...Well maybe Phoenix, but I haven't been there since 1999. Someday...

The only good thing on the horizon is the wife's b-day on friday...luckily pay-day was the week before Smile
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:22 pm

I got to meet the infamous Tavo in person, and the reality is better than the hype. Thanks for the peek behind the wizards curtain. I still can't get over how gracious the Mrs is, and how great your boys are. I felt truely welcome. I'm sure you're extremely proud as you should be. How you talked her into it I'll never know. You married up no doubt. Razz
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:28 am

Local Press:

"With rich sound, tasteful arrangements, and a balanced homogeneity in the sections, the Bigband “Urknall” –led by Ernst Urmetzer- offered orchestral Jazz. Easy bouncing and hot Swing, instrumental- and vocal ballads, exotic Djungle-Style, and relaxed Bossa. Convincing were the soloists... […] .. and the young guitarist Paul B.[...] After the climax with Pat Methenys “Heartland” in a modern Arrangement by Peter Herbolzheimer, Urknall rocked an encore with Brian Setzers “Rock this Town”. ”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next