Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mjcodina

mjcodina

One Good Thing - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-avHA_9SvY&feature=player_embedded

I always knew Kids In The Hall rocked. see why: Gretschdom
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:56 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
Hmmm...you know what would make my day Rene? besides seeing you tomorrow nite for our weekly catch up but, seeing you doing your imitation of KISS in your terry towelling play suit!!

Can you help me???

I said SPACESUIT, not PLAYSUIT, but in a word, NO!! Laughing No one can help you Pete, you're too far gone Wink Anyone that sees that video will not walk among this earth, besides I was only around 11 years old, but yeah those clothes, what was I thinking!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Rene',
glad to hear your dad is up & about well on the road to causing trouble again! Smile

one good thing here?
the bright, shiny orb in the big blue thingy overhead was visible for a while today. until the grey mass of clouds, fog & drizzle moved back in. i read about this shiny orb in the sky, and I tell my children stories of it. but we just don't see it much around these parts anymore.
sunny
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:11 am

mjcodina wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-avHA_9SvY&feature=player_embedded

I always knew Kids In The Hall rocked. see why: Gretschdom

Bad-ASS! I love Kids In The Hall.

Rene, awesome news about your old man. Rock on!

One good thing for me - I just moved into my new place, taught the dog a new trick (how to sit and stay outside the door, and she'll stay there indefinitely while I walk to the other end of the house... C'MON! then she bolts - cool stuff!), AND I mopped the floor (same dog) and now I'm enjoying an ice-cold, frosty beer.

Ain't life grand?

CHEERS! santa
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Two feet of snow...yeah I could do without the shoveling but sledding with the kids is the best.
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:22 pm

My great mate Pistol Pete and his family are coming down to Melbourne on March 19, having them over at my place, can't wait, come hungry and thirsty...lol
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Aussie_Sam wrote:
My great mate Pistol Pete and his family are coming down to Melbourne on March 19, having them over at my place, can't wait, come hungry and thirsty...lol

Ummm...about that Sam...

March is a no go!!! Havta be April!! I'll ring you tomorrow!!!!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:16 am

Getting to meet Eddie Angel of "Los Straitjackets" and seeing him play live with a cool German band called Smokestack Lightning!
One Good Thing - Page 19 17247_108023455880117_100000173899816_213721_6883497_n

Last edited by Guitarmaniac on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:09 am

Gigging tonight and the other guitarist is ill so I get ALL the lead parts and ALL the solos!!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 am

mjcodina wrote:
Gigging tonight and the other guitarist is ill so I get ALL the lead parts and ALL the solos!!!

you better video it man! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:23 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
mjcodina wrote:

you better video it man! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

There was video taken and photos, once i get em ill post some
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Seeing the AMAZING Angus Young and AC/DC last night with my little daughter Nanci....WOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:28 am

Aussie_Sam wrote:
Seeing the AMAZING Angus Young and AC/DC last night with my little daughter Nanci....WOW!!!!

YES!!!! Trying to get tickets for Adelaide!!

But in the mean time gonna see Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers and Seely Dan tomorrow nite!
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:07 am

The sun peeking through. sunny
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Got the last minute okay to shoot and review An Evening of Blues last night with Candye Kane, Sue Palmer's Motel Swing Orchestra, Tom Cat Courtney and a bunch of other amazing SD blues bands...

Got an email from Imelda's people today ASKING me to review/photograph a show by another one of their clients that's playing San Diego tonight! Ha!

Goin' to see (and possibly shoot!) Slim Jim, Danny B and Lemmy - THE HEAD CAT - at the infamous Belly Up Tavern on Thursday with my girl Torrey! Women on the prowl, lookout! Hahaha!

Well done me indeed!

sunny
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:20 am

One good thing... Just getting some dope A concert pics taken by my friend

"Tear the roof off the motha sucka"

One Good Thing - Page 19 Riptid11One Good Thing - Page 19 Riptid12
One Good Thing - Page 19 Riptid13One Good Thing - Page 19 _dsc0310
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:23 am

MJ, those are great shots!! Thank you for sharing them!!

My "career" as a writer and photographer seems to be gaining a little traction. My concert reviews and photos for Examiner.com, which only net me a few cents, are starting to pay off in other ways. I've started sending them in to the San Diego Reader, our free weekly newspaper since 1972 (in significantly shortened form to comply with the Reader's requirements) and they're starting to run them - including my Head Cat review! And the Reader actually pays decent money for reviews...

My Reader reviews are here. I love the fact that the URL includes the word "staff." I just noticed that!!

While there is no guarantee they'll ever use what I send, I'm still pretty floored. I'm making some money going to concerts of my choosing, taking pictures and writing about the shows. Stuff I do anyways just for fun. OMG.

In the next week I'm booked for a photo shoot in LA that could be a very exciting big deal for me, I have a job interview back in RADIO (!!!!), and I'm roadtripping to San Francisco to see/shoot/meet/review the one and only Big Jay McNeely, playing with one of my new favorite bands, the Hollywood Combo (don't know Big Jay? check him out). Pretty much all of this is still tentative at the moment, but dang... GOOD THINGS.
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Vinyl   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Scored Rock Therapy and Rant and Rave on vinyl at a local record swap today!
Also p/u Rockats Live at the Ritz. All are in good shape.

Kbilly
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Tundra Resort and Water Park with the fam this afternoon - great way to spend a cloudy winter afternoon!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:45 am

It's time for the weekend!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Standing up to the principal and kid who was bullying my kid, and winning. The principal is now retiring...

I know nothing!

Cool
hrg

p.s. Don't poke the mama bear!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 pm

I woke up at NOON today! And, I don't have to do anything today, so I will do nothing.

Small victory for me!

CHEERS
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Good for you, HRGirl! Very Happy

(You, too, Cristo! Cool )
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:12 am

School starts at 11.30 for me today =)
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:55 am

Baseball....lovely glorious baseball. Phillies first spring training game is on today against the Yankees. It finally feels like winter is coming down the home stretch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next