Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

One Good Thing - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:01 am

Makes me feel good, even though my back is still hurting...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:53 am

Good Thing about today....

TOMORROW!!!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Today's Good Thing is being stuck on Lonely Avenue. Wouldn't trade it for anything in the world right this second!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:48 am

After trying to talk to AussieSam for our weekly catch up calls, he finally sent me a message saying he'd been away! Thought he didn't want to talk to me anymore!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:07 pm

VINYL!

My vinyl and CD just arrived in the mail!

Oh.

My.

God!!!!

I took that!! Hahahahaha!!

(this brings my total number of CDs in which I am in possession to three - one from Target, one from Surfdog, and one from Surfdog attached to the gatefold LP sleeve, which has a different image on it. Then there will be a fourth with the deluxe set. Guess I don't need to worry if I wear out the one in my car, eh?? Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:13 pm

LOL Pete, me and my phone have a BAD relationship!!! I never carry it, esp if im on a few days off...lol I may as well stay at work if i carry it when im away...
Lol, you made me laugh though....
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:33 pm

I listened through the new album 3 times in a row last night. It's the sexiest thing to rattle my eardrums in quite a while. Now, if I can just figure out how to get that stupid ipod to work in my car!

I tell ya... sometimes, this technology stuff really bites the big one!

Enjoy the simple things!

CHEERS! santa
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:37 am

I'm at home sick, but I'm listening to the Seatsniffers, a great band from belgium!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:59 pm

just got back from the ER with one sick little kid, thought he had
that damn swing flue but it turns out to be a sinus infection after
a week of having had a fever,etc.. very thankful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:08 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Bummer, man. I had the "swing" flu once, had a lotta fun! Just handful-a-nickels and a jukebox cures the ill!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Cristo wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Bummer, man. I had the "swing" flu once, had a lotta fun! Just handful-a-nickels and a jukebox cures the ill!

sounds like some good oinkment One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_porc

....bad joke One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Well at last Ive found smthin to be happy about ha ha
I got a new toy today

One Good Thing - Page 13 Ric1-1
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 6:40 pm

matt wrote:
Well at last Ive found smthin to be happy about ha ha
I got a new toy today

One Good Thing - Page 13 Ric1-1

NOICE!!!!
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Thank's Pete....! yeah yeah yeah.........!!
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:14 am

Happy New Guitar Day, Matt! Very lovely.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:36 am

Going to a protest meeting on the steps of our Parliament House.....and seeing Paul "CHEVY5684" from the forum there!!!
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:02 pm

One good thing..

Clean my old Buddy Holly vinylrecords Today.
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 am

After suspecting for some time now that my newly purchased pre-owned vehicle's CD player was just for show, non-functioning, I went and bought 4 new CDs and one of those 12-CD visor-holder-things that you can slap on the sun visor for easy access.

Much to my surprise, it worked! So, for the next few weeks I will be jammin' out to Van Halen, The Doors, Stevie Ray Vaughan and... Frank Sinatra!

WOOHOO! santa
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:47 am

The company i work for is sold to a american company.
I donĀ“t know if it`s really good, but guess it will be... santa
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Got my tickets for BSO today Woohoo! A little over a month to go...I can not wait.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:08 am

Some of you may or may not know that I'm studying to be a high school teacher. I'm 3 years into a 4 year degree. At the moment I am at my second 'Prac' (prac refers to Professional Practice, which means I get sent to a school for 5 weeks and get practice in teaching and other teachery things).. My areas are Drama and English. My first Prac at the start of the year went great. I taught drama and got on really well with my students with minimal behavioural problems. This Prac I'm teaching English to senior students. This school is a very multi-cultural school in the public system. I must say it's going very bad for me. I am not one who ever feels anxious or overly stressed about things (I'm an Aussie afterall!), but for the last 3 or so weeks I've been incredibly anxious and stressed. I can't eat, or sleep.. I come home upset and feel like just giving up. The teacher I'm with is giving me no support, and my classes are horrible. I have this never ending feeling in my stomach of impending doom. This is a new feeling for me, as I said I'm usually pretty laid back about things so this anxiety is something I've never had to deal with so I'm dealing with it very badly.

So here's the good thing...

I only have one week to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:17 am

Kid,

Hang in there. It's really a shame your cooperating teacher (as we would call this person here in the states) isn't cooperating very much. At least it's almost over! And please don't let it sour you on the teaching profession. It's just a tough bunch of kids, which is not easy for even the most experienced teacher.

If you've been having good experiences up to this point, it probably means you were meant to be a teacher.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:29 am

Thanks Bear. Yeah I've felt like throwing the towel in, but I figured I'd just have to re-do this Prac and it's likely that I might get put into a similiar situation and have to go through this whole ordeal again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 5:46 am

I listened to this song the whole summer 2008, which was the best time of my life so far!
We won the regional soccer championship, had a grat atmosphere in the team.
Everything was perfect that summer, and my good thing today is that I remembered this song and it brings back so many positive emotions that just blow away all the negative stuff I had to deal with for the past few weeks!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Hey Kid,

I think it's really cool that you want to be a teacher. I've always wanted to be a teacher, just haven't really got around to it yet. History, I think.

Thing is, there are good ones, and there are bad ones... just like everything else. Some teachers don't like being a teacher, and they can make life pretty miserable for everyone around them. BUT - I think that most teachers got into that racket because they want to influence young people in a positive way - they do it because they genuinely care about others and their well-being.

Don't let the small obstacles get you down. I think you'll be a great teacher - keep your eye on the prize!

CHEERS! santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next