Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

One Good Thing - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Realizing that a dose of reality is the best medicine.

Not knowing what the future holds but feeling up to the challenge.

Having a few little excursions to look forward to!

I love the fact that this thread just keeps chugging along. Thank you guys for that!
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:51 am

Good thing today..

two days with absolutly nothing to do.
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 3:52 am

Happy Halloween - Trick or treating with the kids tonight.

And then Game 3 of World Series w/ Phillies back on their home turf.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:52 pm

One Good Thing - Page 14 8months

(43 lbs as of this morning. 28 to go.)
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Andi wrote:
stuff

santa
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:38 am

Andi you look beautiful...whats your secret?
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 am

Thank you Amity and Cristo Smile Amity, to answer your question, I'm gonna see how Setzerish I can make this....

I had a Broken Down Piece of Junk of a life and I was letting someone else drive it. After a while I cranked up the stereo (that was an important first step - the music had been off for far too long), grabbed the wheel and started learning to steer again. I took that big heavy tire iron off my finger and shipped my piece of junk back to the highways it loves. I started wrenching on the engine and giving the exterior a good wash-down. I turned onto a gorgeous Lonely Avenue, wrote "Andi was here" on the wall and was gifted a Sexy, Sexy Hot Rod to tool around with. (I keep going back down that Avenue, it's one of my favorite places in the world right now.)

It's taking me longer to find my destination than I'd like. Along the way I started racing with another hot rod - I shot into high gear for the joy ride but then got run off the road, lost in heavy fog with a bit of damage to the engine. It's all part of the journey. I definitely know the roads better now, and I can almost even drive at night. It's been a helluva ride.

The car is back up to full speed on a bright, sunny highway, the music is blaring, I'm taking my time polishing the exterior to a high shine, and I'm still working on that motor all the time.

Moral of the story: never let anyone else drive.

Last edited by Andi on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:48 am

except if I'm the driver lol! ^^

My good thing today:
NO school all week and band rehersal today, with a drummer for the first time =)

edit: andother good thing is the monster mash, heard it again at the halloween party last weekend
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:24 am

Oh, and I forgot to mention - garlic. Lots of it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:38 am

Yesterday I passed the qualifying examination for the "Landes-Schüler-Bigband", so soon I'll be representing my state as a Bigband-guitarist!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:48 am

Congrats Webby cheers What style is it?
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:57 am

Thanks a lot!
They play Swing and Jazz, most of their repertoire consists of old Bigband tunes from Count Basie, Cole Porter etc.
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:09 pm

loookout Motown the Big Band is comin to town! got my ticks to openin night today. Wooo Hoooo. sunny rendeer santa
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:22 pm

Well, I made it through that dreadful Prac!! I had two weeks there where I REALLY wanted to throw in the towel... I felt like the amount of stress and anxiety I was under just wasn't worth it.. I lost 5 Kilos (11 pounds), wasn't eating or sleeping.. And I'm not that kind of person!! I'm usually pretty tough, never let things get to me too much.. but this Prac just broke me.. But I sucked it up and got through it, and I'm probably better off that I did. There is this theory called a 'psychosocial crisis' - where personality grows out of a successful resolution of a crisis. I'm proud of myself for getting through it.. And in the end I actually tamed the wild beast that is a teenager who doesn't want to go to school.. The final week of my prac was really great...

Now all I need to do is hand in one final assignment and I'm on 3 months holidays..

Ahhh, the joys of being a Uni student Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
personality grows out of a successful resolution of a crisis.

I am absolutely certain truer words have never been spoken. Congrats, Kid, on developing strength and maturity through adversity!!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:46 pm

Great job, Kid! Congrats.

Enjoy that vacation!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:54 am

webelvis wrote:
Yesterday I passed the qualifying examination for the "Landes-Schüler-Bigband", so soon I'll be representing my state as a Bigband-guitarist!!! cheers

very proud !!

btw..my son just sighned up as the guitarist of junior high jazz band now he wants a gretsch instead of his strat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:51 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
webelvis wrote:

very proud !!

btw..my son just sighned up as the guitarist of junior high jazz band now he wants a gretsch instead of his strat!
Thank you!
Seems like your son is on the right way!
I was a bit surprised when I walked inside that big room where they were rehearsing, and all those "hardcore-Jazzers" told me, "damn that's a cool guitar!"
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:01 pm

Webby, very belated congrats on your new status as state big band guitarist!

Tavo, surely you have a Gretsch or three you could loan your boy?? How fantastic that he's got the jazz bug early.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:22 pm

One good thing: Our Green Apple Riesling wine (5 gallons) was bottled yesterday, and will be ready to drink on Thanksgiving. Yummy desert wine. Perhaps a bit too yummy.... drunken

Congrats to Webby and Kid and TV's boy. All great news!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:23 pm

Andi wrote:
Webby, very belated congrats on your new status as state big band guitarist!

Tavo, surely you have a Gretsch or three you could loan your boy?? How fantastic that he's got the jazz bug early.

Sadly I only own one Gretsch, my tried and true SSU..
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:47 am

This Video:

I love that guy, he just mixes Jazz (and damn, he can play!) with being stupid, and it's so funny!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 6:30 am

Yeah, I LOVE Helge Schneider!
I read all his books (funny comedy stories) and also own some cds.

He's great.
And he has a Band called "The Firefuckers"!!

Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:42 pm

After SEVEN freakin' months traveling the freakin' world, my freakin' stuff is FINALLY freakin' here!!!! Woo hooo!!! It's like Christmas come early!! All my CDs, clothes, Christmas decorations (just in time!), my grandmother's silverware, my grandfather's 1960's Danish teak coffee table, my microphones, my pinup girls... yaaaaay!!! I have belongings again!! Hahahaha!!

Of course one of the first things I did was dig out that old Cool Cats: 25 Years of Rock 'n' Roll Style VHS video. Clips of a sweet, skinny, sexy, heavily-NY-accented young Brian Setzer coming soon to a YouTube near you Smile

AND, also arrived today.... a musical care package from SC! Thanks TFR, can't wait to dig in!!!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:22 am

I saw the Living end last evening.
First row, right in front of Chris.
He played two pre-FMIC White Falcons, his Signature Falcon and a Setzer Black Phoenix.
On his pedalboard he had a RE-20, an octave fuzz and a TIM or Timmy and some more stuff...
Amp was one Blonde Bassman on a Marshall 4x12 and a Wizard Amp also ontop of a 4x12 Marshall box.
He gave me a pic after they played E-Boogie and shook my hand.
I asked them to play "The Rising Sun" but he said they didn't do it live anymore...
The best fuckin concert I've ever seen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next