Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

One Good Thing - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
I saw the Living end last evening.
First row, right in front of Chris.
He played two pre-FMIC White Falcons, his Signature Falcon and a Setzer Black Phoenix.
On his pedalboard he had a RE-20, an octave fuzz and a TIM or Timmy and some more stuff...
Amp was one Blonde Bassman on a Marshall 4x12 and a Wizard Amp also ontop of a 4x12 Marshall box.
He gave me a pic after they played E-Boogie and shook my hand.
I asked them to play "The Rising Sun" but he said they didn't do it live anymore...
The best fuckin concert I've ever seen!
Hey Chris! Great band from Australia! I was lucky enough to see Chris play with the Stray Cats in Melbourne this year and meet him and Scott the bass player after the show. I also saw them play here in Adelaide before they hit it real big time and I agree with you, it was one of the best concerts I've seen. Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:47 am

yup, I was very impressed! Chris is a great Guitarplayer!!
Here are some photos I stole from TLE Board^^

All from the show I went to:
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2284s
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2535s
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2649s
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2686sr
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2805s
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2834s
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2854sn
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2903si
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2211sz
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2281s
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2303se
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2771s
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2466sd
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2542ss
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2776st
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2786sy
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2822s
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2823s
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2829s
One Good Thing - Page 15 Img2705s
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:41 am

Having a reason to wear my Trinity coat for the first time in seven years. Very Happy

One Good Thing - Page 15 Trinity1
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:52 am

using my grandmother's tried & true homemade pie crust recipe (recently tweaked with help from my aunt) to make one kick-ass pumpkin pie! after 15+ years I finally got the flaky pie crust recipe to a "T." I make one mean pumpkin pie....Sara & Mrs. Smith can kiss my ass!! Twisted Evil

homemade pie crust is a challenge. my recipe has always had a great flavor...but this year I nailed "flaky." I hope someone out there can appreciate my triumph of a flaky crust on a custard pie! Pilsbury Dough Boy can kiss my ass too this year!! I got it figured out!!!! It's like mastering a Rubik's cube! Cool
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 1:47 pm

I applaud you, Enjay! As one who bakes almost every day, I don't touch a pie crust or use a rolling pin...ever! I fear them. I did bake a chocolate pecan pie for my husband, but used one of those pre-made crusts. Now my secret is out. Yesterday my daughter made an apple pie from scratch with heart cutouts on top, the show off! It was delicious.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:21 pm

So over in the Thanksgiving thread I told the story of my Grandma's Thanksgiving Christmas ornament tradition. When she can, Grandma tries to make sure the annual ornament has some connection to something happening in my life. The year I got a white Mustang convertible, Hallmark happened to come out with a white Mustang convertible ornament. The year I got married, she got a "first Christmas together" ornament. And so on. It's a big deal for her, she starts looking for the perfect ornament as early as possible each year. This year she found the perfect ornament with no problems at all.

As she was paying for her purchase, she told the ladies at the checkout counter about this Brian Setzer fella that she'd never heard of, but who was a big deal to her granddaughter. She told them about the cover contest, and the prize guitar. They were apparently pretty excited by the story - and wondered how could she not know who Brian Setzer is?? She told them, "well... I'm a square!"

Nah, I disagree.

One Good Thing - Page 15 Nosquare

As Grandmas go, mine's pretty dang cool.

sunny

(yeah I know it's not a blue Setzer Gretsch Hot Rod but c'mon! A hollowbody guitar?! That's cool!!)
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:22 am

You've got a pretty cool grandma, Andi. (I was thinking that ornament looked kind of like a solid-body Corvette.)
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:33 am

You're right Bear, it does a bit! The fatness of the body (which isn't evident from the photo) made me think hollowbody, but the shape is definitely Corvette-like. The pointy headstock is weird. Dunno. Maybe someone else will have some ideas - too bad it isn't branded Wink Regardless, it's cool! And I totally forgot to mention it plays the Bobby Helms version of Jingle Bell Rock!!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:47 am

The body shape screams bigsby guitar!
One Good Thing - Page 15 Keith_Holter_1953_Bigsby_guitar
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:03 am

Two days til BSO Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:12 am

enjay07 wrote:
using my grandmother's tried & true homemade pie crust recipe (recently tweaked with help from my aunt) to make one kick-ass pumpkin pie! after 15+ years I finally got the flaky pie crust recipe to a "T." I make one mean pumpkin pie....Sara & Mrs. Smith can kiss my ass!! Twisted Evil

homemade pie crust is a challenge. my recipe has always had a great flavor...but this year I nailed "flaky." I hope someone out there can appreciate my triumph of a flaky crust on a custard pie! Pilsbury Dough Boy can kiss my ass too this year!! I got it figured out!!!! It's like mastering a Rubik's cube! Cool

You are the pie-crust queen!!!!!! Flaky and tasty: Congratulations! I hope the people that ate the pie appreciated it as much as you. You have achieved the "holy grail" of the pie world. cheers
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:17 am

I'm going to be an aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:39 am

Congrats HRG!! "Aunt" is one of the coolest titles around! Very happy for you (and your brother-right?)

My pie was an all around hit! My brother has what we call an extra "pie stomach" so I always make his favorites for Thanksgiving. He was extra, super satisified this year! My sister-in-law was disgusted as usual that my family spoils her husband to such an extreme! He teases his family that they should all be thankful to be graced by his presence! (in reality...HE should be thankful they put up with him! Very Happy ) To fill up his extra "pie stomach" he alternated between blueberry & pumpkin "samples" until he could eat no more. He's one of those disgusting types...you know...6' tall, and about 170 lbs (probably not even that) and can eat absolutely anything he wants in any quantity.

Today is going to be another Husker win, family (yes--my bro will fill his "pie stomach" again) and spending time with friends! A great day!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Oh man, I am waaaaay too familiar with those guys that can eat anything in mass quantities and not gain an inch....I'm married to one. I wish I had that metabolism!

Yes, my brother and sil are preggers. Yay! Now I'll be able to spoil their kid and then send them home, just like they do to my boys.

Here's to good things, may they always be a part of our lives! (and may we possess the wisdom to notice them and not take them for granted!)
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:26 pm

Bought two Realbooks in C and Eb this weekend, so I won't have to write notations for my brother the next time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:01 pm

So I'm in the hospital today, having surgery tomorrow. Once again, free wi-fi. Gotta love it Smile

Last night 'round midnight I had pain in my sternum and lower ribs that was so intense I couldn't breathe, and even the lightest touch on my torso nearly sent me through the roof (this wasn't the first time it happened, but definitely the worst). Emergency room ultrasound showed gallstones, and a gallbladder infection that could make me "dead sick," according to the doc. Interesting choice of words. So this afternoon they're gonna go in and do away with the stones, then the gallbladder itself comes out tomorrow.

One Good Thing? I aim to be fully recuperated in time for the Setzer Christmas shows.

sunny
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:07 pm

Andi I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and hope you get well soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Oh Andi, hope you'll be ok!!
Some weeks ago I had some of the same symptoms and was brought to the hospital.
They wouldn't accept me at the university clinic because I'm underage so they had to bring me to a kids hospital. I had to wait for 2 hours sitting between crying babies because it was sunday.
When they finally had time for me they did some search stuff and ultra sound because they thought I had some gallstones or something similar but luckily it turned out I had only clamped a nerve below my chestbone and it was nothing severe. They told me to do some breathing exercises and the nerve got loosened by those.
Man, I don't get scared easily and i'm not a wuss when it comes to pain (I play defense at soccer, so I get hit by feet, fist and ellbows in the chest area all the time) but that was the worst pain I've ever felt so far and I hope I will never feel that again.

Here's hoping everything works out!

and my good thing today is John Fogerty's song Centerfield:
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Andi! One good thing for you...morphine!

Your story reminded me of my appendectomy a few years ago. Besides the lower left abdominal pain, and ensuing diagnosis, I remember every single nurse, dr, janitor, dietician, receptionist, asking me if there was ANY possibility I might be pregnant. Aside my constant reassurance...and the negative pregnancy test...AND the lack of anything growing in my uterus on the MRI...nothing seemed to convince any of them. It was irritating as hell! Being female & of childbearing age with abdominal pain apparently qualifies you as "potentially pregnant" even if only by the will of God!
I also hope you react better to being put out than I did. When I came out of my surgery there were 6 people standing around my bed asking me where I hurt...and I was crying. Apparently I came out of anesthesia crying & screaming. After I got my bearings I was able to let them know I was ok. I'm not sure who scared who more?

One good thing for today? Thanking God for our extra parts!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:29 pm

that means alot thanks enjay. i was feeling fine all day cause they hadn't fed me- i just ate for the first time in20hrs and the pain came back w/a vengeance. food=pain, great. no morphine for me but something called dilotid or delotid or something and now i'm looped out fo my mind and everything feels heavy. but the pain is gone again so yay. surgery 3p tomorrow can't come soon enough. last time i had major surgery, during recovery i decided to move across the world. cant wait tosee what decision comes out of this one. sleeptime now.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:07 am

all the best Andi,
i wish you a very quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:38 am

Andi I hope the surgery goes well and you have a very speedy recovery. Gotta get up and running for Brian, right? Wish you all the best.

Lets see one good thing about today....my dog on his back on our bed, with just a little of his tongue sticking out....always makes me laugh.

One Good Thing - Page 15 Photo12
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 2:59 pm

Well that's the christmas decorations up in our house now and it's really
starting to feel like christmas had a great time with the kid's and it's a really good feeling
to see their excitement.......!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:44 am

Being introduced in this way to a lovely Elvis tune called "It Hurts Me." How timely! Very Happy

If I'm lucky, they might let me out of the hospital today.

Oh, and this is my 1,000th post!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:54 am

Showers. Both inside and outside.

It's been raining nonstop since I woke up this morning, which sucks mightily for anyone that has to be on a freeway in San Diego today, but sure is nice for the rest of us, and for the thirsty earth 'round these parts!

As for the other kind, a hot shower is a Good Thing any day of the week. This morning it might've been the best thing I've ever experienced! I needed a 3 hour nap just to recover from it! Haha!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next