Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bear85

Bear85

One Good Thing - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 am

SNOW DAY!!! I got to sleep in!

Winter hit America's Dairyland with a vengeance last night, and it's roaring outside my window right now. School was cancelled last night, which is rare - usually they cancel it in the morning.

I'm not even going to bother clearing it for a few hours at least. The snow is letting up, but is supposed to blow around all day.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 am

Blizzard!!!! Whooo hooo! We just got in from shoveling---round one. Wisconsin has officially been shut down. Doyle declared a "state of emergency". The whole family is home. Yay!

My only regret: not buying a snowblower. Sad

Happy Snow Day Everyone!
rendeer
hrg
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:33 am

That rocks...I love snow too bad here we got inches and inches of rain.

Tonight is my daughters winter concert. I love when the band plays reminds of when I was in 4th grade just starting out. Ahhh to be in school again....Funny thing is that her band teacher was my band teacher in high school. Shocked
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:01 am

I was "speeding" on a toll road to OC yesterday in my PT when I
felt a strong impression that I was an idiot with a death wish
and while I've felt that too many times in life, this one was almost
audible (since I was doing 100mph)... I believe my life
was spared because once I was back in heavy traffic(driving 55) on the
57 freeway my left back tire blew out its sidewall and I was
able to get to the side of the freeway, change to the spare
and get to a tire shop.

did he spare my dumb ass? I believe it. thank God.
One Good Thing - Page 16 Emam41
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 am

I'm glad he spared you. Slow down, baby, slow down!

Enjoy your snow, folks - here it's just cold, so I'm told (hey, 39 is cold for San Diego!) May have to bundle up and venture out for a little walk and see for myself.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:14 am

Andi wrote:
Enjoy your snow, folks - here it's just cold, so I'm told (hey, 39 is cold for San Diego!) May have to bundle up and venture out for a little walk and see for myself.

We've had plenty of snow to enjoy - over 20 inches in the last 2 days. It finally stopped snowing last night.

This morning the temperature was -15 degrees. Yes, that is 15 degrees below zero.

Good thing I have today off and am staying inside all morning making some dvds for a friend....
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Crikey RMC!!!! And you live there why?!!?! Laughing

That's one lucky friend you've got!!

sunny
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Today I own my universe.

While we don't have the snow WI, CO or MN has, our state has been blessed with a decent coating of the fluffy white stuff.

Despite the berating by my ex in front of the kids regarding the proper thawing of snow boots.....and despite my mother's incessant lack of confidence in my cooking ability (as if SHE'S never set off the smoke alarm!) I've been able to:
clear the 10-12" of snow we received from the driveway with my kick-ass snowthrower (HRG--it is SO worth the investment! I highly recommend it!), removed both tires from the damn thing to have them fixed (as they'd gone flat--I figured out AFTER the 1st driveway clearing); puddled around town and DIDN'T get stuck in my new (as of May) car AND....no one hit me! Put my snowblower back together, making a prime rib roast for dinner (no reason..just because I want to...and NO it's not burning!), and doing all my everyday chores as well.

The sky is as blue as the ocean, the air so crisp it takes your breath away, and the newly fallen snow muffles the sounds of the city so all you hear is breeze blowing through the needles of pine trees. And my house smells like prime rib! Never made one before...but it's going to be great.
Here's a pic from yesterday during storm:
[img]One Good Thing - Page 16 100_0410[/img]
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:47 pm

And today after the storm:
One Good Thing - Page 16 100_0416

One Good Thing - Page 16 100_0417
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:59 pm

enjay07 wrote:
Today I own my universe.

Good on you, girl!! That's an awesome feeling. Those pics are fantastic.

I just went for a tiny walk outside, much to my mother's chagrin. It would appear that in the 8 days since I last was outside Shocked San Diego has gotten quite wintry (as much as it does, that is). I thoroughly enjoyed the bright sun, blue sky and cold air.

Now it's time for a nap. Haha!!
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:15 pm

enjay07 wrote:
And my house smells like prime rib!

Prime rib report, please!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Budgie wrote:

Very Happy

The memory of hot, steamy meat dripping with those sumptuous juices lingers in the air....

The salty taste as I lick my lips reminds me of the moments I spent rubbing the spices into the meat before I slid it nice and slow....into the oven.....at 325 degrees for about three hours...

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:45 pm

enjay07 wrote:
Budgie wrote:

Very Happy

The memory of hot, steamy meat dripping with those sumptuous juices lingers in the air....

The salty taste as I lick my lips reminds me of the moments I spent rubbing the spices into the meat before I slid it nice and slow....into the oven.....at 325 degrees for about three hours...

Shocked

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm.... I could go for some prime rib... and a cigarette!!!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:16 am

Quiet. Everyone has gone back to work and school. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet!

rendeer
hrg

Enjay: You are the Queen of your whole damn world! Great job, girl!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:47 am

I sold my beloved 1966 XR Falcon 500 that I'd been building up to a drag/street car after sitting in the garage for close to 10 years. Sad day, but the extra money means a fantastic Christmas and seeing Aussie Sam definately in the New Year!
Oh yeah, and the tow truck driver bought my engine as well, which means even more holiday cheer!
And he want's to buy my trans.....
Tavo, you got a spare bed????
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:50 am

Oh yeah...
And I still have my 1969 Ford Falcon XT GT, 1966 Ford Falcon XR 500 wagon and 1930 BSA Sloper to play with!!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Went to my follow up appointment with the doctor today. I went in with two tubes and 34 staples....

I left with one tube and nine staples!!

When I asked about whether I was okay to go to concerts, the doctor said,

"At this point you can do whatever you feel you're capable of doing."

Guess what I feel capable of doing?!

I'm goin' to LA and Las Vegas, baby!!!!

WOO FREAKIN' HOOOOO!!!!!

sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:34 am

Oh, come on Andi...was there ever any doubt? santa

Congratulations! I knew you'd be up to the challenge! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:02 am

Yay Andi! Way to heal, girl! Keep up the good work, and don't over do it too much too soon!

Whooo hooo!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 pm

Thank you both! Now that we know our boy is okay, let the party continue!

WOO HOO!!!!!

sunny santa sunny rendeer sunny santa sunny
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:13 pm

One GREAT thing..."Casablanca!!!" It's that time of year again! I caught it fairly early too. Ingrid Bergman is such a slut!! But she's so GOOD at it!!! And her accent!
"Oh Rrreeeck! I'm married to Victor, and I was in Paris too."

"As Time Goes By" Good ol' Sam!!

One of my favorite all time classics!!! santa
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:23 am

As we might have said back in March/ April, preparing for Minneapolis:

"This looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship!"
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:44 pm

I shot this from the driver's seat on the way to LA on Friday. Shorts, t-shirts, bicycles, blue sky, warm dry breeze, palm trees, bouganvillea, terra cotta tiles and white stucco.... yep, it's mid-December in Southern California!!

sunny

One Good Thing - Page 16 DSC_2780
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:11 pm

No more staples today!!! Wheeeee!!! Tube might come out next week, then I'm just left with this super-cool bunch of scars. Razz
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Actually joining PonyK and his wife and my family for dinner tonite, instead of taking their orders!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next