Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

One Good Thing - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 am

Pistol Pete wrote:
Actually joining PonyK and his wife and my family for dinner tonite, instead of taking their orders!!!

Crack open a bottle of Penfold reserve for me! ..oops I mean have Pony bring a bottle to
your table Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:50 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:
Actually joining PonyK and his wife and my family for dinner tonite, instead of taking their orders!!!

Crack open a bottle of Penfold reserve for me! ..oops I mean have Pony bring a bottle to
your table Wink

Gotta admit Pony kept up with me! I just kept ordering us beers, wine and Jacks on the rocks!! Gotta see he fared this morning though!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Ringing and speaking to Tavo.....and him being coherant cause it wasn't 1 30am!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Good times talkin with my friend, 'cept that accent is crazy. You guys always talk like there's a cigar hangin on one side of your mouth? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:40 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Good times talkin with my friend, 'cept that accent is crazy. You guys always talk like there's a cigar hangin on one side of your mouth? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Yep! Good to see that you were making sense when you talked this time! No sleep deprivation! Do I need my Aussie-Yank dictionary when we catch up in Sept?
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:51 am

I'm on the radio with the Bigband in 10 minutes!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:34 am

webelvis wrote:
I'm on the radio with the Bigband in 10 minutes!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile

Hey Webby! That's great news! Put a link up here if you can, so we can all listen to it later.

cheers
hrg
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:53 am

Despite all the lookers driving by, the two police cars parked in front of my house for the last hour & a half are NOT here to see me! cheers
Playing it safe in 2010!!!
Nothin' to see here.... Arrow
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:09 am

Wife roasted a nice chook and we opened a bottle of Penfolds Koonunga Hill
shiraz-cab! what a nice way to end her & the kids 2 week vacation!

btw..We raised a glass to Pete and Rene for making such fine south Oz vino!!

One Good Thing - Page 17 Penfolds_Koonunga_Hill_Shiraz_Cabernet_L
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Mmmm! Shiraz-cab! Niiiice Tavo!!

Today I had to stop by my former place of employment to drop off keys. Former coworker/current friend fixed my old laptop, that I thought was beyond repair, in about 5 minutes. Former boss gave me stock options in the company as thanks for my time with them! (Hope they're worth something some day! Very Happy)

On my way home I stopped at a pizza place nearby the office, that makes the best pizza I've ever tasted - vegetarian pesto. Just pesto sauce, mozzarella and feta cheese, tomato and big basil leaves. I don't know why, but this pizza is insaaaanely good. Haven't had any in about six weeks - I am now in pesto heaven.

And, appointment tomorrow that will hopefully bring me one step closer to being 100% me with no artificial ingredients again Smile

Lotsa good things!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Andi wrote:
Mmmm! Shiraz-cab! Niiiice Tavo!!

Today I had to stop by my former place of employment to drop off keys. Former coworker/current friend fixed my old laptop, that I thought was beyond repair, in about 5 minutes. Former boss gave me stock options in the company as thanks for my time with them! (Hope they're worth something some day! Very Happy)

On my way home I stopped at a pizza place nearby the office, that makes the best pizza I've ever tasted - vegetarian pesto. Just pesto sauce, mozzarella and feta cheese, tomato and big basil leaves. I don't know why, but this pizza is insaaaanely good. Haven't had any in about six weeks - I am now in pesto heaven.

And, appointment tomorrow that will hopefully bring me one step closer to being 100% me with no artificial ingredients again Smile

Lotsa good things!!

I want that pizza!! I have had no choice in forgoing red sauce pizza due to being an old fart now, too acidic when consumed with wine. So.. I'm searching for a white sauce pizza that doesnt taste like billy bob threw fettucine in a can on the dough.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Next time you head south lemme know and we'll go by Miramar Pizza! No atmosphere whatsoever, a typical tiny strip mall pizza joint, but trust me, it's worth it!!

In the meantime enjoy some more of that shiraz cab for me - I have been forbidden to drink since surgery and just decided to stick with it and go alcohol-free this year. It won't be too much of a loss for me - except for those shirazes!!

sunny
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Andi wrote:
Next time you head south lemme know and we'll go by Miramar Pizza! No atmosphere whatsoever, a typical tiny strip mall pizza joint, but trust me, it's worth it!!

In the meantime enjoy some more of that shiraz cab for me - I have been forbidden to drink since surgery and just decided to stick with it and go alcohol-free this year. It won't be too much of a loss for me - except for those shirazes!!

sunny

yah I understand. the guy who played accordion for me on my CD had to
undergo rhynoplasty or whatever its called for drilling out your sinus to help
combat his vertigo. He's doing okay but when he came by to visit, I was ready
to pull out cigars and some patron.. NOPE... He's been told no caffeine,nor
booze.
So you do not walk alone in your new Vegan straight edge lifestyle!
hmmm.. you'd be
a perfect rockabilly band manager! (my last manager got strung out on vicodin)
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:52 pm

Hmmm.... I am unemployed, after all! You're right, I'd be perfect: I love the music, I'm "straightedge" (that just refers to drugs and booze, right? I can still drink soda and call myself straightedge can't I? But screw the vegan thing, I still eat cheeseburgers on occasion! Razz), I'm tenacious and persistent, I know a bit about marketing - and I'd photograph the heck out of the band just because I think its fun!

Speaking of which, one of my big 2010 decisions actually was career-related. This year I am going to become A Photographer. Not just a photographer, A Photographer. In business for myself, not working for someone else, doing what I love and relying on it to make my way. I've always been too afraid to take that leap. No more.

A couple days ago I even upgraded the old, reliable love of my life - my 5 year old Nikon D70. My new D90 arrives tomorrow.

One Good Thing - Page 17 41Yqvmx%2BxPL._AA280_

I've got just a few days to get to know it inside and out (the new feature-set is staggering!) - it'll get it's first test spin photographing Joe Finkle and the 7-10 Splits this Friday (Elvis' 75th birthday!) at Joe's Great American Bar & Grill in Burbank! It's the marriage of my two favorite things - photography and rock 'n' roll. Life is good.

That said, it's going to take a little time to build up enough clients to support myself. So maybe I should look into this rockabilly band management idea! Hee hee!

sunny
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:55 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

yah I understand. the guy who played accordion for me on my CD had to
undergo rhynoplasty or whatever its called for drilling out your sinus to help
combat his vertigo. He's doing okay but when he came by to visit, I was ready
to pull out cigars and some patron.. NOPE... He's been told no caffeine,nor
booze.
You'll be able to hear my screaming from all corners of the earth the day my Dr. tells me to cut caffeine out of my diet.
My latest fiasco has brought me to eliminate as much salt as possible from my diet. Which seems easy since I don't salt my food. However it's looking like "salt-free" crackers, soups, canned veggies, limiting cheese (be still my heart!!!), and the like. If the kiddos didn't like my cooking before they're really going to hate it now!!
Just give me my caffeine in the morning though, and nobody will lose a limb! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:04 pm

I am FREE!!!

Nothing metal or plastic stuck in me, stitched to me, or strapped to my friggin' leg! Nothing I can split, tear or accidentally rip out! No more showering with my midsection wrapped in a garbage bag! NOTHING HURTS!!! I can hold my guitars again! I can dance! In two weeks I can go to kung fu!

I feel like a cat that just got one of its nine lives back!

sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Andi wrote:
I am FREE!!!

Nothing metal or plastic stuck in me, stitched to me, or strapped to my friggin' leg! Nothing I can split, tear or accidentally rip out! No more showering with my midsection wrapped in a garbage bag! NOTHING HURTS!!! I can hold my guitars again! I can dance! In two weeks I can go to kung fu!

I feel like a cat that just got one of its nine lives back!

sunny sunny sunny

money cannot buy that!! I raise my coffee mug to your health!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:29 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Tavo, thank you for all your support and caring and prayers through this whole ordeal. When I met Brian in Las Vegas, as soon as he saw me he came up to me and said (quietly, so nobody else around would hear) "Andi, have you been sick?" I said "technically I still am!" He gave me a (gentle!) hug and said, "I'll pray for you." I meant it when I said to him, "thank you, that means a lot." And it does. Even though we may not hold the same beliefs, I deeply appreciate and am very grateful for heartfelt prayers from him, from you, and the many friends who have said the same. Thank you. To all of you. It means more than you'll ever know.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Andi wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Tavo, thank you for all your support and caring and prayers through this whole ordeal. When I met Brian in Las Vegas, as soon as he saw me he came up to me and said (quietly, so nobody else around would hear) "Andi, have you been sick?" I said "technically I still am!" He gave me a (gentle!) hug and said, "I'll pray for you." I meant it when I said to him, "thank you, that means a lot." And it does. Even though we may not hold the same beliefs, I deeply appreciate and am very grateful for heartfelt prayers from him, from you, and the many friends who have said the same. Thank you. To all of you. It means more than you'll ever know.

I love you I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:11 am

Thank God it's Friday!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 am

Guitarmaniac wrote:
Thank God it's Friday!

Dont know why that band is not popular here. Showed my 13yr old it for the first
time thanks to you. He said "they're ripping off green day and white stripes" and
I was like "these guys are huge in Oz, Chris even has a sig gretsch over there".

Now he wants a black gretsch dammit... (I want another gretsch for meeeeeee)
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 am

Nobody knows them here, too. I discovered them through all our aussie guys and liked them, so I went to their concert in munich and it was by far the best concert I've ever seen! Chris gave me his pic after they played E-Boogie!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:12 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
Nobody knows them here, too. I discovered them through all our aussie guys and liked them, so I went to their concert in munich and it was by far the best concert I've ever seen! Chris gave me his pic after they played E-Boogie!

yah I've been keeping an eye on them for years, well ever since Conan O'brien put them
on his late night show. They caught my attention because Chris was using a gretsch with a mesa dual recto. Thats what I was playing along w/ vox ac30s & twins before I got into Tophat amps and blonde fenders.

It would be cool if Gretsch flew them out for the NAMM show, although even with bands that are younger and well known here..they dont seem to be the popular thing at the Gretsch show room. Whats his face from Fallout Boy..Stump had a sig model from gretsch last yr and hardly anyone paid attention. They were all watching the rockabilly bands play, including Lee Rocker and brophy dale kickin ass. (I'm guilty for droolin
over the Lee Rocker performance instead of meeting Patrick STump)
At one of the Gretsch forums we've got this grammy winning and world record holder guitar player "Pat Matera" who is the lead guitarist in Katy Pery band, who has his own kustom blue Bill-bo gretsch and plays my nocturne pedal on tour... No body pays much attention to him.. that kid is cooler than sh$t ALL over the world. Been on all the music award shows, etc etc.. All to say Livin End deserves much cred, they;ve been working really hard for many many yrs, I hope Gretsch puts some spotlight on them this year at NAMM and brings Chris' sig model to the States. That guitar is even sexier than the Setzer Phoenix to me.
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Before they were "The Living End" they were a Stray Cats cover band.

Awesome band. I have followed them for years. Their last US tour was lackluster but they put on a great show, and when I saw them before that touring with Blink 182 the crowd didnt know them.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:48 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:

yah I've been keeping an eye on them for years, well ever since Conan O'brien put them
on his late night show. They caught my attention because Chris was using a gretsch with a mesa dual recto. Thats what I was playing along w/ vox ac30s & twins before I got into Tophat amps and blonde fenders.

It would be cool if Gretsch flew them out for the NAMM show, although even with bands that are younger and well known here..they dont seem to be the popular thing at the Gretsch show room. Whats his face from Fallout Boy..Stump had a sig model from gretsch last yr and hardly anyone paid attention. They were all watching the rockabilly bands play, including Lee Rocker and brophy dale kickin ass. (I'm guilty for droolin
over the Lee Rocker performance instead of meeting Patrick STump)
At one of the Gretsch forums we've got this grammy winning and world record holder guitar player "Pat Matera" who is the lead guitarist in Katy Pery band, who has his own kustom blue Bill-bo gretsch and plays my nocturne pedal on tour... No body pays much attention to him.. that kid is cooler than sh$t ALL over the world. Been on all the music award shows, etc etc.. All to say Livin End deserves much cred, they;ve been working really hard for many many yrs, I hope Gretsch puts some spotlight on them this year at NAMM and brings Chris' sig model to the States. That guitar is even sexier than the Setzer Phoenix to me.

Yeah, I remember his thread over at the Gretschpages and I was drooling over that awesome guitar! He seems like a great player. And Katy Perry is hot affraid

Chris played a Black Phoenix in Munich, and it sounded awesome. He also used his signature and two 90s White Falcons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next