Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

One Good Thing - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:57 am

Almost finished my Educational Psychology assignment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:18 pm

A friend of mine let me play his original 59 White Falcon after his clubgig yesterday =)
Got pretty drunk in Munich's best irish pub during the concert.
I found out I don't like Guinness Beer, German beer is better and is a good thing^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:49 pm

enjay07 wrote:
I died.

Huh?!?
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:51 pm

I scored this awesome tiki lamp!!! Tiki is rare is Australia, tiki lamps are even rarer - I've never seen a tiki styled lamp ever so I snapped this guy up as soon as I saw him.. Oh and Andi - with you back in America I expect you to send me tiki things Razz

One Good Thing - Page 10 DSC02436
One Good Thing - Page 10 DSC02437

The lamp shade kinda doesn't match the base.. but it does make the lamp stand out alot and I love those style shades.. So I'll either keep it as is or put the green shade on another lamp and make the same shape shade but with a tapa cloth or something like that to put on this lamp.
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:57 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
enjay07 wrote:
I died.

Huh?!?

I second that "Huh?!?" - didn't notice it all weekend, as it was tucked in at the bottom of the page. Usually I just go to the most recent page in the thread.

What's up, enjay? How you doing?
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:26 am

I had roaches in my car Shocked

BUT I KILLED THEM ALL!

Pretty cool - those little Raid-bombs... and "bomb" is very fitting for those neat little contraptions, 'cause it looks like a war zone in there. I opened the door and peeked inside the car today, and what did I see? A whole mess-o-roaches on their backs, a few still twitching.

Still gotta air the sucker out, but I'm satisfied with the mayhem and destruction I've inflicted upon those little bastards. I'll be cruisin' and finger-tappin' that steering wheel in no time - my "i-trip" came in the mail today. cheers

CHEERS!

Cristo
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:46 pm

I am going to sleep tonight, knowing tomorrow is my last day at work...

I am so happy to be leaving that company.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:30 am

jk327-

Congratulation (I think!) Something else lined up, or just looking forward to some down time?

Hey, how're things with the new puppy?
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:30 pm

Today's good thing: 24 hour veterinary care.

Our dog PJ tried to introduce himself to a porcupine, with less-than-happy results. He had about 15 quills by his mouth, and about 25 or so on a patch by his left shoulder. Our regular vet was closed, so I had to take him to a stranger. Very efficient - weighed him, gave him a shot, and within 5 minutes he was pretty loopy. He pulled the quills out with a surgical clamp. We were on our way home within 20 minutes.

I'm a little concerned about the coming-out-of-anesthesia stage. The doctor recommended secluding him in a dark, quiet place for several hours, since they can become disoriented and snap their heads around. So he's out in our garage for a few hours.

All's well that ends well!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Ouch!

Hope the little guy recovers, Bear. What kinda dog?

CHEERS,

Chris
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:18 am

Cristo,

Good question. There's some black lab in there, maybe some terrier. The basic shape of his head is sort of Doberman-like, but his ears are kind of large and triangular like a German shepherd. He's not very big - he wieghed 43 pounds at the vet last night.

He seems to be doing pretty well this morning, but I think he may still be enjoying the drugs a bit.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:35 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
I scored this awesome tiki lamp!!! Tiki is rare is Australia, tiki lamps are even rarer - I've never seen a tiki styled lamp ever so I snapped this guy up as soon as I saw him.. Oh and Andi - with you back in America I expect you to send me tiki things Razz

The lamp shade kinda doesn't match the base.. but it does make the lamp stand out alot and I love those style shades.. So I'll either keep it as is or put the green shade on another lamp and make the same shape shade but with a tapa cloth or something like that to put on this lamp.

That is Incredible and if you ever want to sell I will BUY it!! I have about three of that style swag lamp in the house, originals but not in the shape yours is. Man that looks almost new and those shades cost mula.. This is one online manufacturer of such freakin cool mid century modern lamps (and fibreglass parchment and leather lacing for redoing your own)
http://www.moonshineshades.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=36&category_id=2&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
One Good Thing - Page 10 E3b720dd4d5ae12f37bcf048ffd1e490
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Good to know, Bear. Sounds like the pooch might be feeling a bit like I do today - still feeling it from last night!

I also went for a run today, just about 4 miles. Was too hot, but worth it. I never get off my ass on the weekends, unless it's to go to the refrigerator for a beer. So, today has been a good day so far Wink

CHEERS!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:06 am

nice weather today,
good time for a ride with the bike... Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:10 am

Got a new Computer Flat Screen. 22 Inch =)
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Wow, that's "El Zid'" in person !!
Wonderful ! Splendid !
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Guitarmaniac, that animation in your signature is hilarious. Ah, today is going to be a great day!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:23 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:

That is Incredible and if you ever want to sell I will BUY it!! I have about three of that style swag lamp in the house, originals but not in the shape yours is. Man that looks almost new and those shades cost mula.. This is one online manufacturer of such freakin cool mid century modern lamps (and fibreglass parchment and leather lacing for redoing your own)
http://www.moonshineshades.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=36&category_id=2&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Wow, I LOVE that website!! Man I wish we had stuff like that in Australia.. maybe I'm not looking hard enough.. Although, those shades don't look too hard to make.. The frame is pretty simple (looking at my shade).. Most of the ones I've seen on the net are fibreglass/hard plastic - I think mine is hard plastic (talking about the shade part itself).. Would material work or would it be too hard to pull the material the right tightness so it was smooth all around with no creasing?... hmmmmm..
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:

Wow, I LOVE that website!! Man I wish we had stuff like that in Australia.. maybe I'm not looking hard enough.. Although, those shades don't look too hard to make.. The frame is pretty simple (looking at my shade).. Most of the ones I've seen on the net are fibreglass/hard plastic - I think mine is hard plastic (talking about the shade part itself).. Would material work or would it be too hard to pull the material the right tightness so it was smooth all around with no creasing?... hmmmmm..

You could carefully remove the lacing and just replace the entire piece with any sort
of translucent flameproof material... Thats why fiberglass parchment tends to be
the right choice at least in the vintage world.. I bet you could go into those unfun stores my wifes goes in were they sell material for upholstery and sewing with the original piece and ask for suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:27 pm

I started this thread simply to be happy in what has become my online home. Along the way, the thread seemed to make other people happy too. Many have said so publicly, or PMd me privately, including a complete stranger who has never made a single public post. Another complete stranger who only lurks here even friended me on Facebook because of this thread. Hell, one of the greatest things to ever happen to me in my entire life happened after I started this thread. Coincidence?!

For the past couple weeks I haven't bothered making the effort to think of One Good Thing each day. And in the past couple weeks I've had some pretty lousy days. Again, coincidence?!

I let a few people make me feel bad, and that's stupid. If you can't find a little joy in your life to share each day, that's your loss. And if joy in others is a problem for you, well... that's your loss too.

My One Good Thing today: realization.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Good thing today: Setting boundaries, and knowing limitations.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.What a Face
hrg
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Bear85 wrote:
jk327-

Congratulation (I think!) Something else lined up, or just looking forward to some down time?

Hey, how're things with the new puppy?

Yes, I do have something lined up to take place in a few weeks. Luckily, with Jenny getting a job, it allows me to take a little time off and relax. Pretty much working non-stop since our wedding (1 year ago today).

The puppy is doing great. Rocky and Snoopy are getting along better every day. Snoopy was fixed last week, something we were hesitant to do because of his age, but, they assured us it was a normal procedure, especially since most dogs that go into a shelter get fixed.

That has helped his.... dominant behaviors, let's just call it that, quite a bit.

Both are doing great, and Jenny and I just got back from a little weekend in Duluth, MN, where we spent our honeymoon last year!

-BK
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:58 pm

And that's my good thing.

Celebrated 1 year with my beautiful and lovely wife yesterday.
We went to Duluth for the weekend and went to the Minnesota Wild game tonight.

-BK
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:36 am

Happy Anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Kool!!

Good thing: having Andi back.

Another good thing: Wanda Jackson! She brought the goods last night - sure wish I could have slept in today, though!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:18 am

Only had two lessons today, so school started at 11:30 am and endet at 1 pm =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next